Thursday, October 30, 2014

Stitching With Tamra


I was sipping my coffee and I notice through the window the color in the front yard...the sky was amazing!  Then I ran to the back porch and caught this photo.  It is amazing how fast the color disappears...the sun moves fast!


A Halloween Funny!
I gotta get me one of these buttons!

It is the only way it is going to get done!!!  I am talking about my wool project from last year...yes, the  2013 workshop with Sue Spargo!  I love what I started but designing is not my forte and let me tell you the stitching requires practice.  I so love my primitive stitching but the complicated stuff is fun also.  Which brings me to stitching with Tamra.  Since Sue Spargo doesn't live in Sisters.  Nor, is she my sister...it means Tamra is picking up the local stitching baton since she seems to understand Sue's stitching and design concepts.  Maybe just maybe I'll get this project done before my 2015 Sue Spargo Workshop in May :)

I tell you it was hard to stitch because I was laughing so much!  The best kind of class is one where you meet new and old friends, you stitch and you laugh...yep, that is the perfect class!

Just a short slide show for ya...hope you are ready for all the ghost and goblins in your neck of the woods.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own free slideshow

7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of stitching wool motifs on hexagons!! Very sweet!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birds are really cute and intricate... as for the new samples on the wall...ummm not my taste, but like to see what others want to do.

    Thanks for sharing and ps I would take one of those buttons too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the whimsy that Tamra is taking with her fabric choices for Sue's birds. I've got that book and another item for my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the pattern and the Marcia Derse Fabric for your slide #17! I can't wait to make it. I have a plainer background though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when the sun colors the clouds like that, breath taking with the mountains.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our skies have been amazing- morning and night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that button...I want one, too! Beautiful views!

    ReplyDelete