Friday, October 10, 2014

Scrap Apple Quilts St. George Utah

Yesterday was such a wonderful day because I got to connect up with a former neighbor, friend and quilter who recently moved to the Boise/Meridian area to be near her kids.  She is a long time Bend resident and known by many in the area who were involved in Girl Scouts and Quilting...Twilene!  We had so much fun talking, lunching and quilt shop shopping, lol.  Then I got to tour her new home!  But, you will have to wait till next week to see that slide show as I am still catching up on the trip.

I am always surprised when I discover a quilt shop tucked into a strip mall that as soon as you open the door you go WOW!  There are all kinds of quilt shops in the world and there really is at least one for everyone.  They either suit the layout of presentation that works for your brain...they carry you favorite fabric lines...or the sales quilters are just so nice!  Scrap Apple Quilts meets all 3 for me.


...and best off all they had the one piece of fabric I was hunting for on this trip...and I got the last 3 yards!!!  They also carried my favorite button line :)!

To my pleasant surprise they carry the complete line of QuiltSmart which is a pattern/product line that is manufactured in Central Oregon!  Their pattern is the one I used to make the Mondo Bag a couple of retreats ago under the guidance of Robin.


...and for a couple of my Fabric Stalkers this shop is filled with Judy Niemeyer patterns and have to certified instructors! 

Also, by far this was the best Mexican restaurant in St. George and it is right near both Scrap Apple and Mother Superior's.  I say this only because we had one horrible Mexican dinner the night before somewhere else :(.




 Enjoy the slide show and I'll see you back here Monday in Sisters :) Home Sweet Home!  Where I will announce the winner of the Give Away!!!  you still have time to click on the link and leave a comment you are interested :) Be sure you are a registered follower of the blog and if you are a "No reply" you will have 24 hours to contact me before I see if the dog dish will cough up another name :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A slideshow design by Smilebox

8 comments:

  1. I love that store and they are so nice there! I'm in awe of all the amazing fabrics they have. Looks like you are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for a safe journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this wonderful journey with us Anna. You've introduced some new quilt shops to us and your wonderful sense of adventure.

    Enjoy the final leg home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you ended your trip with another fun adventure and that is fun fabric.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm there now and they said the nicest things about you. They loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That must be a big store with such a variety of goods. Looks like smooth sailing (well, driving!) ahead for your return journey. Loved all of your postings... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,another great quilt store and many talented quilters.
    Love your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a Great trip you have had! I'm so glad we got to spend the day together while you were in Idaho! It was so much FUN catching up and Quilt Shopping of course! Love your slide show as always!

    ReplyDelete