Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Quilted Works St. George

When I saw the sign for one of the quilt shops in St. George I got a little nostalgic...after all QuiltWorks is where the Woolies meet in Bend. I am happy today to be heading to Woolies at QuiltWorks!   But, Quilted Works is in a little strip mall not far from where we had our camper.  St. George seems to have a thriving quilt community to support the 3 shops that call it home.  The town most likely functions like we do...changing acivities with the seasons.  Whereas, in Central Oregon most of the quilting occurs in the winter when the temperature drops...in St. George everyone is staying inside in the summer because of the 100+ degree heat :)

The "hook" at this shop is their many kits using laser cut pieces.  In many of their applique kits the pieces are already cut and the adhesive is already on the back side of the pieces.  The other exciting item is they have organized a Quilting Cruise!  And there is still time and space for anyone interested.  Just click on this link The Quilted Works and give them a call!


They already have a great crowd of quilters signed up to go!


I picked up a magazine and pattern.  I thought of my friend Cakers when I saw this pattern...2 1/2 inch strips and you have a quilt!


Enjoy the slideshow...if you see anything you can contact them at Quilted Works
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a free digital slideshow

5 comments:

  1. I was at a Quilt Show recently here in Mich. and the winning quilt was quilted in St. George!! The quilter also presented more quilts purchased (kits) from that shop. Looks like a place to visit!! Love to see your camper picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all those great places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely shop to visit, I like how they have several quilts hanging that go around a corner. Lots of temptation there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful shop and wonderful quilts.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my very favorite stores! They quilt a lot of my quilts...love those ladies!

    ReplyDelete