Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Laughing is Good for the Soul

here is a little chuckle for you!

When I woke up yesterday morning I was greeted by our mountains blanketed in snow...I knew if the sky cleared up we would get a beautiful view since we drove through the storm on Sunday.


The best part of spending time in Portland is of course seeing my grandsons but also...life slows down for me.  Even though city life is busy and we go out an enjoy it a lot...life is  much more concentrated.  HH and I are together just about 24/7, we rarely use our car...and, we don't have a TV which means quiet conversation, reading and talking.  Handwork is queen :)  Sometimes I wish I could create the same enviroment in Sisters but I guess having 2 entirely different worlds is the best of both worlds.  How would you chose to live if you could make all the choices...what would your life look like?

I finished some wool projects just in time for my fall decorating!  I love this litte acorn candle mat.


And,  I am most proud that I was able to finish my Oct. Bertie's quilt before Halloween!  Now, to prep the Thanksgiving quilt and get it done before the Turkey gobbles!

I've got some to share this week...so see you back here tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. I retired last year and I am all for the quiet life. I don't know when I have been calmer with my state in life as I am right now. All is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if that view is out your front window or that is your home but it is magnificent! (haven't used that word in a long time, hope I spelt it right) Your projects are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I do miss just sitting and talking and camping is one way we find time to just relax with the tv. Wonderful projects and nice projects to work on at night.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful view to enjoy year round from your living room Anna. That and the one from your sewing room views are lovely.

    Congratulations on your autumn finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blog as it brings up issues (TV) that plague us all and give us food for thought...While in several airports over the last few weeks I could not help but notice how everyone (!) was captivated by their electronic devices...would we be conversing if not for these?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so true...we have seen people sitting together at a restaurant and everyone was on their phones, not a one was talking to each other. A sad statement of our times. I wonder if our parents felt that way about the advent of TV. You are so lucky to have both worlds to live in...it sounds like a perfect combination. I love the wicked witch quote, I am going to steal it! :-)

    ReplyDelete