Tuesday, September 2, 2014

WOW!!!

How ever did September arrive so early???  I woke up yesterday and it was September!  Is it just me or do you feel like this year has flown by?  I don't know but it is somewhat unsettling and I want to cherish each moment for the rest of the year.

I decided to brighten up the front porch and found this sampler quilt I made in 2000.  That was 14 years ago!!!  some of the blocks were pieced and some were hand appliqued...isn't it the sweetest little quilt.  


Yesterday HH and I had a wonderful summer BBQ.  I had seen this tip on cooking corn on the cob and  wanted to share it with you.  If you have been a reader of the Woolie blog for any length of time you know cooking is NOT my forte.  So, when I learn something new and it works I feel like a cooking diva, lol.

Put corn on the cobs in the microwave and cook 3-4 min. for each one.


Pull them out of the microwave and cut the top end off.

next, cut the bottom end off

the husk and hair just slips right off and the corn is ready for eating!  All those years of trying to get all the corn silk off of corn are behing me.

The real success of the weekend was hanging up my Harvest Moon!!!  I finished hand quilting and binding.  

now...to decide what my next project will be that will be wonderful enough to use each precious moment left of this year?

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the corn tip!! I am going to try this one for sure!! Your new wall hanging is STUNNING!! LOVE it!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been cooking my corn like this for awhile :-D
    So easy and no boiling water ;-)

    LOVE your Harvest Moon ! Congrats on another great finish ! Happy Fall !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love fresh corn and here, it is a good time to get it.
    Next will be apples. Love how the quilt looks on the hanger.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love September : warm light, ripe fruit... and time again to quilt!
    Thanks for letting me know your blog : we share many interests indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, how easy is that corn! Can't wait to try it. Thank you for the helpful hint. Harvest Moon is wonderful! Congratulations on a fine finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your harvest moon looks lovely hanging up. I'm doing some hand appliqué for a block swap and taking a break listening to the rain outside.

    Choose carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harvest Moon is delightful!!! The porch display...sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the finish! That is a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete