Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to my oldest son!  How times flies!  I was an inexperienced mother. And so, we in some ways grew up together.  He was so adorable that people would stop me all the time to tell me how cute he was.  He was a spirit that was always full tilt ahead, lol


Here he is at 17,  8 and 12 years of age.

...and, with his friends on his wedding day...friend Al, brother Connor, friend Curtis and Marc...this motley crew hung at the house in their high school years...great memories.

Time cannot be held, saved and used in the future...time moves forward no matter how careful we are...and now, it seems I count time by the quilts I make, lol.  This week I said goodbye to a friend that is leaving us...who time is stopping...and the gift she leaves me and all those she touched is TIME cannot be ignored, wasted...that it is a gift to have time. Be thankful for the moments we are given.  Take time to be kind.

So, I say to all of you...thank you for reading

9 comments:

  1. Thank YOU Anna . . for all of the time that you give to us. You make us all better in so many ways. Have a peaceful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome son. I so enjoy reading your blog, so much I have learned. Thanks for give us your time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, Anna! It's always good to stop, reflect and smell the roses...but Times a wasting...got to get at 'er!
    P
    PS Good lookin' boy!! You weren't wasting time there!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for that moment of reflection. We really never do know how much time we have--the topic came up at dinner with the quilters last night. We all have so many projects in the works, and more that are tempting us! I know I'm under strict orders from my crew to get my stuff in order!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We never appreciate that time until it is gone, but as we get older, we realize what is important and appreciate every moment of the days.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post brought tears to my eyes..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post. It`s amazing how fast time passes. Thank you so much for sharing your family with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your son Anna! Such a cute baby and good looking adult!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet and thoughtful words of wisdom...

    ReplyDelete