Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Happy Anniversary

WOW...37 years together!  When we reflect back on our years together we can hardly believe how time has flown.  I believe a good marriage is filled with challenges, heart ache, laughter, sadness, anger, joy all mixed together with a large dose of love and friendship.  


A few years ago I made a quilt to commemorate our years together.  It is a combination of cotton and wool and on the center tree of life I carved our names with the year we were married using embroidery thread.  It hangs over our bed and is my favorite quilt.


here is a close up...sorry for the angle, lol...it is hung high on a wall.


No stitching today...it is a day to play with my best friend!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! What a beautiful couple...and so young! Great idea to hang a quilt in honour of occasion...and more important... it's still hanging!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I think the tough times are what makes us appreciate the years together, more. Love the quilt and how you put the names on the tree, really fun idea.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on such a wonderful life together. Maybe you should add your children's names to the branches and grandchildren to smaller branches or leaves.

    What a lovely piece to commemorate you both.

    Have a lovely day and celebrate yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you many more years ahead with your best friend and partner in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrat's...I hope your journey together continues for many more years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations...enjoy the day! Sweet quilt design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary, Blessings for many more memories with your best friend! Love your "Tree of Life" quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful quilt...I love the idea! It will certainly become an treasured heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, happy anniversary! I love the quilt - wish I'd that of this sooner as we have an anniversary coming soon. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete