Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hangin' at the Stitchin Post

I moved to Sisters not only for the slower pace of life but for the expansive views and the ability to walk everywhere...or in my case...ride my Rosie.  I have had my cruiser bike for over 15 years and she is still as beautiful as ever.  I had the day dream of being able to ride my Rosie over to the Stitchin' Post and stitch.  I checked the schedule out and it turned out there was a new Wednesday stitching group (which doesn't interfere with my MG's and Woolies) where you just drop in and bring your own project.  Score!!!  Although I am not able to make it every time they meet because of my own crazy schedule I wanted to check in with the group and see what was going on.  What a lovely group...everyone was working on something different...someone was even hemming some slacks.  There was a husband/wife stitching team and several other ladies...and I found out they break for lunch and head over to the Depot Deli!  What a great time...I am definitely adding this group to my calendar :)

Since I was in the shop I checked out the new samples...look at this adorable Contemporary Tote pattern made in wool by Tonye Belinda Phillips.


it's amazing what a little wool can do for a pattern! lol

I know I posted this photo on Facebook but I wanted to share it on the blog...isn't it beauitful...and if you click on the photo it will enlarge and you can see the quilting!  Fabulous!  Barb at the Stitchin' Post is going to add this to the winter schedule also due to overwhelming requests!

Just to show you some of what is going on in the Wednesday Stitching group...Tula Pink blocks!!!

The way I have it figured...if I fit a stitch group in here and there I might actually get something done!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! Sing me up for that Metro Rings!! I'm loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Anna, when I looked at my blog roll today and saw the tiny preview of the basket quilt I wondered 1. Is that a Tonye Belinda Phillps pattern and 2. I think it is wool! Love it, she is such a talented lady.

    Is the melon quilt hand or machine quilted? It is also gorgeous.

    Lucky you to live in the mountains but on the plains also. I've always lived someplace where I've always had to go uphill to get home..although I live along the river most of the ways to my home are over an overpass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great that they have a walk in class, those are fun since you can work on anything and get help when needed. Love the idea of riding my bike to places, but too many crazy drivers to trust going on roads, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just visited the Stitchin' Post last Saturday. Maybe we were there at the same time! Another couple and my husband and I spent a wonderful long weekend in the Sisters' area. We had great weather all weekend but heard that rain was coming soon. I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete