Tuesday, September 30, 2014

BQ2 aka Big A** Quilt


The best thing about hitting the road is seeing places you have never seen before.  I would have never guess after crossing a desolate area from Boise to Provo that Salt Lake City was this big!!  We cruised on by!

We did make a trek to Sundance....what a beautiful area for the Sundance Film Festival and the restaurant was beautifully rustic.


There was a quilt hanging between the resturant and gift shop constructed with cotton, silk and upholstery fabric by Kara DiOrio


Finally, I wanted to show you my latest finish!  It is huge...so huge it wouldn't even fit on my Handi Quilter!  So off to Mike it went.  I visited Mike back in May and posted a blog about the Cascade Quilter (click this link to read about him).  I told him then that I would eventually be bringing him a big one! Finally I got it done...it is a special quilt because I had been collecting indigo/Asian fabric for a long time knowing one day I would find the perfect pattern to display them.  The BQ2 by Maple Island Quilts is the perfect pattern to display fabrics!  



After consulting with Mike I decided on an all over Baptist Fan pattern and it worked out perfectly!





I loved all these prints but I especially like that I put the blue ribbon fabric in the quilt...that one was saved from some curtains I made for HH's office several years ago and when they built a new office and the curtains were not needed I put the fabric back in my stash!! LOL

Hope you are fitting in some stitch time!

6 comments:

  1. Wow this quilt is stunning and those great prints are like framed. You can never be bored looking at it! Wonderful asiatic style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely quilt Anna, your fabric choices worked very well together and the baptist fan is perfect? Maybe you should name it Asian Fans!

    I love this BK blocks and the variations. One day to add to my list to do,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is just stunning!!!! I agree it's a perfect pattern for your fabrics and so is the quilting. The whole thing is just timeless and you'll enjoy it forever. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the quilt and the fans suit is wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous shot, would love to take one with just the buildings against the mountains. Your quilt is beautiful and love the fabrics, someday I will decide what i want to make with mine.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete