Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Vendor Mall!!!

Although as you saw yesterday the quilts were fabulous...the vendor mall wasn't anything to sneeze about.  It is the first year and so it wasn't as big as I had dreamed about but it was filled with wool!!!  Normally you see one or two booths with wool. But, at this event there were several.  And...it seemed half of Central Oregon was in Portland for the show!  It was wonderful to run into several fellow quilters from not only Central Oregon but Blog Land.


Jill and Valori were manning the Stitchin' Post Booth!

Most of my Fabric Stalkers are also knitters...except for a couple of us.  It has been tempting in the past but I have always been able to resist...then, the Quilt Knit Stitch Show had so much beautiful yarn...and I thought it might help me avoid senility...if I learned to knit :).  Then, Cakers got a Blazing Needles tattoo!!!  Way cool!  With the help of Lori I picked out a pattern and yarn and she got me started on my first scarf!  Because, you know I need another hand project, LOL!


here are my bamboo needles and my eggplant colored yarn.

Enjoy the Vendor Mall slide show...it is cake for a quilter!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow customized with Smilebox

6 comments:

  1. Your Vendor mall was wonderful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing vendors market, now I'm glad I didn't go, too much temptation. Cathy's Wild Hare Fibre is one of my favour places, it looks like she has some new ideas on display.

    Some great inspirations, thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot more than our little shows, lol. I love the idea of all the stores being in one place and the variety, lots of tempting goodies.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an awesome job covering this show!! Thanks for taking us along!! Must go for another look-see!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Members of my small quilt group went to the show on Thursday. We also thought the vendor mall would be bigger. My summation is "wool, machines and kits." Lots of temptation but we resisted (somewhat). I have so many UFOs and projects-to-start that I couldn't bring myself to buy anything else. But there is always next year as well as the Northwest Quilting Expo which is next month. Thanks for the vendor mall tour; I actually may have missed seeing some fun things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you will enjoy learning to knit! Next to quilting my favorite thing to do! You picked some beautiful yarn to get started with! Thank you for sharing the vendors mall. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete