Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Peace & Not So Quiet...


 I sought to have a day of peace and quiet...one where I could be in my sewing room without the day to day issues intruding. I seem to have hit a wall and all the smoke in the air was making my asthma flare up.  I needed a new book on CD and returned my latest finish...but, alas the library had new hours and was closed on Sunday and Monday.  Which meant it was a Justin Timberlake kind of sewing day!

You might wonder why...I have a photo of my lawn on the blog.  When we got back from Portland it was mowed down in a weird way and stood out like a sore thumb.  I thought, "we might have a disease."  What I didn't know was HH saw it also and thought..."hummm, the bear is back."  The bear is back??!!!  I did not know that bear eat grass much like a lawn mower, lol.  Then, yesterday as we sat on the front porch I said there was a big pile of poop on the side of the house and I can't figure out how big the dog had to be to have made it!?  HH walks over and said...bear scat...that is who ate the grass.  Living on the edge of the wild side is interesting.  No wonder our laid back Enzo was carrying on.


Since Justin Timberlake was rockin' the sewing room I decided to make another Halloween block.  These blocks take about an hour to cut out with all the little pieces and at least a couple of hours to piece...1 block.  They are so cute!  I still have 3 more blocks and the border to put together...there is a glimmer of hope that it will be done by Halloween???

So, tell me...what music does your sewing room rock too???


8 comments:

  1. Oh My! I feel a little Suit & Tie coming on...or perhaps that oldie from my youth...Walk On The Wild Side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny but not something I would want to run into, in my backyard, lol. We did have a bear that was traveling up and down the state, no idea where he is now.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Halloween block is so so cute! As regards music, for me it's smooth jazz... or nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't hear so there is no noise in my sewing room. But if I had a bear outside the window my eyes would be glued.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audio books are my go to listening when in my sewing room or driving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scary to have bears so close! Cute, cute block...love it! As for music, I love having Rod Stewart or Josh Groban singing while I sew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no shrubs left..the deer have eaten all my hosta plants and most everything in the yard including the green apples right off the tree. But, thankfully no bears! Adorable block too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All classic rock! A Bear!? holy smokey skies Anna, that's a little frightening!

    ReplyDelete