Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I'm A Quilter Hear Me Roar!!!

Some days just stand out!  The people you hang with, the conversations, the stitching.  Yesterday was such a day.  The sweetness of the day seems to invigorate me to a higher level of productivity and I am grateful for the people in my life...they take me to new levels of introspection.

Yes, this is an empty project box!!!!!!  One of the ways I organize my sewing room is with these project boxes.  I have over 20 boxes with one project in each. Anytime I go on retreat or quilt group I can grab a box and everything needed to finish the top of a quilt is in the box. They are in various stages of completion...UFO's...WIP's.  When a box goes empty it is a celebration...and the box waits for the next project to be started.   


...and here is the completed top!!!  I love it!!!  I realllllly want to send it out to be quilted but it is only a wall hanging and I can hear Blogless Sandy (my quilt conscious) telling me that this needs hand quilting...sigh...so, I have layered it and am ready to start hand quilting.



13 comments:

  1. I love your organization ideas and ways to get projects done. I am still using your blockhead idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love " HARVEST MOON " ! Congrats on finishing this UFO :-D

    I also use the same project boxes. Just a great way to organize my quilt projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the way you are organized with those great boxes! I think I will copy on you! Your Harvest Moon wall hanging is SO beautiful and will be even more with your hand quilting. I don't imagine it at all machine quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on completing the top...but it isn't finished until the label is on and it is hanging on the wall!

    Just kidding lovely job on this project on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Way to go! It is time to celebrate! I loVe an empty project box. Have fun hand stitching the lovely finish . It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i had to change from plastic project boxes to pizza boxes - i couldn't afford one for each thing i need/want/have to do anymore - ha ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that block!
    But I also love your organization idea of the project boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad I crossed your mind today!!! :)
    Needs hand quilted for sure lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love using the plastic boxes to store projects in, makes it easier to keep track of them and see what we have;) The quilt came out beautifully.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on a beautiful top! Love the idea of an empty project box to fill with a new project. (unfortunately, I have more than one project in some of my boxes. LOL ) Blogless Sandy is right....and she really needs to get a blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE THIS ONE!! I couldn't agree more with Sandy! And WE KNOW how gorgeous her quilts are!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, didn't I just see this as prepped! Way to go! Yes hand quilted would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it and agree hand quilting will be the topping!

    ReplyDelete