Friday, August 1, 2014

Friday Wrap Up

Just so you don't think I am only obsessed with quilting and don't do anything else...I am also a bibliophile and cinephilia.  I cannot walk into a bookstore without buying a book...I also am a weekly library use.  I read hard copy books, use a kindle and listen to book on CD.  Are you getting the picture?  I feel the same about books as my fabric, lol. As for movies, I love indie, documentary and foreign films the best but enjoy comedies and actions flicks.

I finished 2 books this week.  Takedown Twenty is a series by Janet Evanovich.  You really should start with the first one because of the character development.  There is a lot of humor woven into the story.  This one was OK...not quite as funny as some of her previous books.  But a great beach book.


This book was 5 STARS!!!  It has been a very long time since I have read a book where I didn't want it to end!  I highly recommend book on CD for this one.  The readers bring this book alive and I love the historical nature of the book about 2 actual sisters who were the first female abolitionist.

I enjoyed The Lunch Box.  HH thought it was a little drawn out...but, not only is the story lovely...the whole lunch box system of India is fascinating!  I give this movie 3.5 stars

I hope your weekend is filled with quilting, reading, movies, friends and family...not necessarily in that order and we'll see you Monday.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on The Invention of Wings! What a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just etched the lunchbox last night, in Sydney (Australia). I like its slow pace and I was intrigued by life in Mumbai :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for a new book to start after finishing the Flavia De Luce series!!! I think I will start with "The Invention of Wings'!! Thanks for sharing :^)

    ReplyDelete