Friday, August 8, 2014

Ahhhh, It's Friday!

(Before I get started just to let you know that I have been answering your comments but my email provider is not sending them out because they are SPAM...today, I call and we have a "come to Jesus" moment!)

Although I have been retired a little over 2 years I still feel happy on Friday...I guess a life time of school and work just can't be purged from the girl, lol.  And this week has been fuller then most with lots of girlfriend time and stitching!  The boys will be back from the desert this afternoon and I am sure Enzo will need to go directly from the truck into the dog bath!

The book I finished this week was The Rosie Project written by an Aussie.  This was recommended by FS, Nancy since we as a quilt group are fans of the Big Bang Theory.  It was a lighthearted read, quick and humorous.  Sony Pictures has a movie option and I am sure that will be a fun one! 


One of the special things about living in Sisters is I can walk anywhere...and, as I headed into town to meet a girlfriend for dinner I ran into this photo.  LOL, these two were totally focused on the restaurant door, willing their human to come out!

last evening I prepped another wool project.  I am the most relaxed when I know there is a wool project that can just be picked up and stitched.  This pattern by Buttermilk Basin is actually a little table mat but I am making it into a pillow.


Earlier in the day my friend Linda came by and we worked on some hand projects while we talked...or maybe we talked while we worked on some hand projects.  hehehe.  Anyhoo, she was working on a hand appliqued block.  Which inspired me to get going on my hexie project.  It has been piled on my sewing table for months.  A few 2 1/2 inch squares, some cardboard hexie templated, the clover fabric folding pen and silk thread...and what makes it really easy besides the liquid pen is the spinning applique mat,


drum roll please....my very first hand stitched hexie!!!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with 
friendship, family and stitching!
See ya back here on Monday!

10 comments:

  1. Your hexie looks wonderful, love those purple shades. I need to get some things made up to do, need to keep my hands busy. I don't like weekends, means the crowds are at the boat launches, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much for venturing out on the weekends either Debbie...TOO many other humans! ;0) Love your first Hexie Anna. I bought Mickey Depre's book "Pieced Hexies" even though I've done hexie's before. She posts on FB and has a funny sense of humor...rather like someone else I read...I like the idea of using the silk thread to make those stitches invisible. Yours is very pretty Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoVe the hexi! Great fabrics too. Once I get started on them I can't stop. A quiet project you can work on anywhere.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The autumn mat/pillow is going to be very sweet! Cute hexie too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing what projects you are working on.
    The dogs crack me up. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors of your hexie!
    And I love seeing the books you recommend - I think we have some of the similar tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS In looking up The Rosie Project on Amazon I see there is a sequel - The Rosie Effect....be sure to give us your recommendations on that one too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely hexie! Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not a purple fan but I really like your hexie block in the purples. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought the Rosie Project on my Kindle a few months ago when it was inexpensive, but I have not read it. It sounds like it should be a priority. Your wool project looks fun, I have to cut one out today!

    ReplyDelete