Monday, July 14, 2014

Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show 2014

Forewarning....I am posting my way backwards.  It fits my crazy life and I knew you all would be waiting for the slideshow about the actual Quilt Show!  I confess, I didn't take as many photos as in the past because after a full morning working the information booth I lost steam in walking the entire show :( But, I will have a slide show each day this week showing you a snippet of what was going on during the Quilters Affair, Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show and the Save it For Sunday event.  I took 2 classes, one from Jackie Erickson and the second one from Laura Wasilowski.  I attended the Wendy's Wish Postcard Reception and the Reception for Jean Wells at the Open Door.  And  to wrap up the week my sister and I attended the Angela Walters walking tour and lecture...wrapping up the Quilt Show week with a wonderful lunch with Angela Walters and Julie Herman...who both wow'd us with their youth, energy and talent...quilting will continue to be embraced and cherished as a art form for year to come.

As a segueway into our quilting world here in Sisters, Oregon I share this photo of a couple of girlfriends...because after all quilting is cherished not just for the creativity...the fabric...but, mostly for the friendships that result...

Jeanne & Lori


Enjoy the slideshow...start saving those coins and join us next year for the 
40th Anniversary of the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow design made with Smilebox

7 comments:

  1. Wish I could be there with you and see it all in person, but enjoy being able to share it with you, through photos.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great slide show Anna, thanks for sharing a picture of my cow quilt! There were so many smiles, laughs and giggles from folks as they figured out some of the word play of the quilts. It was fun hosting along with Mary Lou and Mel and two other cow creators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWSER !!!!!!!! Great slide show and beautiful quilts ! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. 24Tangent@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing photos from the show. It must be a wonderful sight to see all those quilts hanging outdoors. The town must make a good deal of money while the show is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great show...and loved the animated faces of the quilters...they say it all!! A good time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like such a great time with so many beautiful quilts and friends! I really should start saving my coins for next year!

    ReplyDelete