Thursday, July 31, 2014

Planning & Preparation

This past weekend a friend gave me a piece of information that has changed my quilting life!  I was sharing that I had given up on all my list making...it was stressing me out and taking the joy out of quilting.  She said that she doesn't have a list of projects that need to be done...but, a list of projects she has completed!  It is so simple and yet, so powerful.  Each time you complete something you write it down...so positive, so encouraging!  

Then I rearranged my sewing room.  There really is something to the Feng Shui of furniture placement.  Just a little tweaking and my whole perspective is different.  Now when I am ironing I can see Black Butte which makes me happy.  And, my cutting table is a few inches closer to my sewing table.  Just a little bit of movement and the whole room feel energized.  I would encourage you to take a look at your space whether it is small of large...a little adjustment can make a huge difference.

I have been prepping projects because I love the feeling of having something to do at a moments notice.  I am unable to sit and watch TV without stitching...I can not ride in a car without stitching...and, in Portland we don't have TV... so, it is music and stitching.  Which means I need to be prepared!  I can become quite ugly if I don't have something to do, lol.

Harvest Moon is ready for stitching!

...and I need to get Augusts Bertie's done!

do you like to be prepared...or are you a fly by the seat of your pants stitcher??? LOL

4 comments:

  1. I always seem to have something to do but when I comedown to Sisters for the show I didn't and was terribly bored in the evenings with nothing creative to work on.

    I'm also reorganizing and finding things that will be passed onto others or still be done.

    Love all your prep work you've done,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that, a finished list! great idea.
    I know when I clean up the sewing room I am much more productive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful wool projects and always nice to organize and move things around.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like ticking things off a completed list! As far as prepping projects goes, sometimes I think it's my favorite part--I also love finding a project I prepped several years ago, or left half-finished, and picking up where I left off on that! I'm also not terribly "project monogamous" so it's nice to have things in different stages. As far as handwork goes, for me it often translates to a knit project--I do have to have something to keep my hands busy!

    ReplyDelete