Followers

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Joyful Accumulation

Over the last few years a dear friend has had changes in her health due to aging.  It is a reality that as we age our eye sight decreases, we get arthritis in our hands and sitting for long periods of time at a sewing machine is difficult...and yet, we continue to love quilting and all the gifts of friendships that come with quilting.  So, how do we continue to enjoy quilting without being able to quilt???  "Joyful Accumulation"  you may not be able to quilt as much...but you can shop quilting!!!  As long as you are making progress on the UFO's...why not "joyfully accumulate!"

I have decorated my front porch for the 4th of July and Quilt Show week.  And, I have to say...I love it!!!  I have a long front porch so lots of fun space to play with.


We spend our mornings on the back porch enjoying the mountains and...in the evenings we enjoy watching our neighbors on the front porch, lol.  And, yesterday while enjoying being happy on the porch we had a delightful visit from a Pacific Grove quilter!  Yes...the Sisters quilt mania has begun! YAHOOO!


Summer is in full swing and all the fun times are making my quilting schedule cacacacrazy!  But, I just had to see my Material Girls and they came through with all kinds of inspiration.  Enjoy seeing what they are up too!  

Don't forget to leave a comment on the Give Away post!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a slideshow design

8 comments:

  1. It must be wonderful to be settled and at home for the show, Anna! I love your outside decor - stunning! Is the quilt rack from someone local? I've never seen one like that and covet it greatly :>)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you decorated your porch, would love a long covered one. It is too hot to sit in the sun and too windy to put up the umbrella.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to use my patio more--but in the morning it's too sunny, and because I put out bird feeders, often when I think of going out there I'd disturb the little guys too much,so I don't. There must be a happy medium--it is a nice space and I can see myself out there stitching away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your porches!!! What fun! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4th on your beautiful porch (es)!!! We're staying close to home enjoying the garden and possibly going to Saturday Market/Farmer's Market on our bikes. Weather should be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you have a quilt hanging on your front porch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your porch decorations!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There :) Question about that wool piece. Is that Transfer Eze under the embroidery? Will it get washed out or just a spritz? Hope you had a great quilt week.

      Delete