Followers

Monday, July 7, 2014

Countdown...Can You Feel It???

I am convinced that quilters around the world can feel the rumble of quilters journeying to Sisters for the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.  It is our collective excitement and heart that can be felt everywhere.  I didn't realize how many quilters there were in the world until I joined the millennium quilt square exchange in 2000.  Our challenge was to make a quilt with 2,000 different fabric.  It was an International Internet exchange of 2.5 inch squares.  It was through this group that I discovered a quilter in Kuwait...Russia...Europe...South America...amazing.  And, the truly astounding fact was out of 2,000 2.5 inch squares there were only 5 duplicates that had to be replaced!  So, do you understand how a quilter on the other side of the world might just "feel" the quilt show here in Sisters!


I am really excited about the 2 classes I have signed up for during the Quilter's Affair which is the week long classes prior to the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.  First, Jackie's class which are crazy log cabin blocks...and get this, I don't even have to bring fabric...IT'S PROVIDED!!!  Second class is with Laura who does the colorful whimsical quilts.  A couple of Fabric Stalkers took her class last year and loved it!  I am sharing all of this with you as a little push if you haven't taken a class or been to the quilt show...next year is the 40th Anniversary and I just know that it will be a PARTEEEEEY!  Just Sayin'

The Countdown for the Give Away is here...seeing who the dog dish coughs up on Wednesday!  Leave a comment on the Give Away post that you are interested, be sure you are a registered follower by clicking the button "Join this site" and if you are a "no reply" on your comment you must check back yourself and email me your contact info!  

Hope you have a great week!


8 comments:

  1. LOL yup, it is a time continuum thing! :) Thanks for the giggle this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both classes sound fun, but would love to be in Laura's class with you.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Sisters a few years ago and hope to return one day. Enjoy your classes

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, here you g-o-o-o-o!!! Fun filled classes with a bunch of other crazy quilters...what more could you ask for. Hoping to see you Saturday morning...time? Looks like it'll be a HOT one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling it !! All the way down here in California. So wishing I could be there this year. But then we have you to take us there every day. Thanks for that. Have a wonderful week Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous! I don't think I'll ever get to go to Sisters so I'll just watch from afar....blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I was there, especially since its so hot here in Texas. Keep us posted on all the new things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They've been busy. There are several patterns I want.

    ReplyDelete