Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Woolie Pleasure

I am on a roll this week.  I finished my Buttermilk Basin Summer pillow with a few days to spare!  Summer is officially June 21st.  Although if you were to look around here it sure doesn't feel like summer.  I had so much fun with this little project and it looks so cute sitting on the entry way bench.  Mary Anne at QuiltWorks made a sample and actually made a red checked ruffle all around it...absolutely adorable!  But, when it came down to it...my house is anything but ruffled.  So I made binding just like on a big quilt and tacked it all down on the back side.  I like how it turned out :)


The rest of this week I am spending time on the coast.  First at a friends beach house in Newport with some girlfriends and then by the weekend HH and I will be in Cannon Beach for the 40th anniversary of the sand castle building contest!!!  Which meant that I need to prep some projects for Portland.  I went through the pile of project trying to find just the right one...something not too detailed but, that will get done before Fall.  Like...maybe I could actually hang a fall quilt up!  I chose Harvest Moon.  Got busy and prepped the first 3 blocks.  Sometimes it is fun to take a break from the UFO's and start a brand new project...refreshing like a margarita on a hot day!


15 comments:

  1. I think I NEED a margarita too!! :o)) Have fun in Portland!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is designer of Harvest Moon---I like it, want to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I am so far behind I'm still working on last fall! Oh, if I hurry it will be just in time for this one...
    D.G. L

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to get your fall blocks done ! Love them ! Have a great trip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna, who is always on the go, YOU are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pillow is darling... and you are knocking them out left and right.. You go girl... have a fun time on your trip

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a beautiful job on it, really fun design for summer and nice to have some accent pillows.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got the summer block to do also, but will have to give it a Canadian twist. Love your harvest moon progress. I've traced all my patterns but working on other things right now.

    Enjoy your time on the coast with friends and husband. Blue skies and just enough wind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you summer pillow. Great use of wool

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice. I just bought that pattern on Saturday. Thought it would be great for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking gorgeous Anna!! Love the way you did your pillow and I'm feeling some wooly jealousy on the other projects ~ LOL

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pillow and those quilt blocks! Enjoy your time on the coast...I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Earn 10% Profit Daily without any work, just invest and rest for your profit
    Facebook.com/groups/EarningsClub
    EarningsClub.Com

    ReplyDelete