Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Quilting Nun! I mean None!

In the spirit of Dr. Seuss,  this past weekend I became a quilting nun...which meant...
I actually left on a trip...

A trip without needles
A trip without thread

A trip somewhat feeble
and  feeling of dread!

How would I make it without 
needle & thread???

Guess what, I survived.  And to top it off we were about 45 minutes down the road and I realized I had forgotten my Ipad!!!  Holy brain fart batman!!!  And, yes  the world did not come to an end, lol.

This week I am trying to catch my breath...re-evaluating what I want to do this week.  I am going to give my brain a "spa week."  Shake out the cobwebs, lol.

I met for the first time my cousin Kristina's baby, Lily...adorable and has one of those peaceful personalities.


I loved this quilt I made and it will be the perfect quilt for her to crawl around on!

Here are the men in my life!  This would have been a perfect picture if my oldest grandson was in the photo!!!  The great thing is that now with everyone living in one state the chance for a complete family photo just went up!  

Grandpa "G" and the little guy calling it a day!

Does you brain ever need a "spa day?"

7 comments:

  1. How wonderful to truely have a few days "away" from technology. I'm not sure I can say that about sewing though! Haha! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute baby quilt and really fun colors. It is tiring but well worth it;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post (and pics) is sooo cute!
    D.G. L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 'tude of your DGS! He has the pose just right but needed sone shades like the older guys. Love his frames.

    The baby quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so enjoyed your posts about your trip and the wedding! Great to have family time. It is hard to get everyone together after the kids are grown up and have their own families and lives. Lily is adorable and I am sure she will love that colorful quilt you made for her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brain totally needs a spa day!
    You are just way to funny woman! Great post and wonderful family.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely need a spa day in the worst way! I love the pic of your guys but especially the one of grandpa and little guy - that's one to treasure! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete