Friday, June 6, 2014

Family Friday!!!

I am so excited about my nephew's wedding tomorrow and seeing the family together.  These family gathering are amazing...with me being the oldest cousin down to cousins in their late 20's.  Besides both my boys will be here and that is always a bonus. 

I finished the wedding quilt and according to my sister it was a hit at the bridal shower!  I am so happy they liked it!


My book review for this week is by Nora Roberts.  I had a hard time getting through this one...must not be my cup of tea.  I got it from the library as a book on CD and that is the only reason I was able to finish it.  I do sometimes like her books, they are not heavy reads...beach books.  I know that I won't be reading book 2 and 3 but I can recommend this as a book to listen to while you sew...because you don't need to concentrate 100% :)


The movie of the week is Gloria.  It is a foreign film set in Santiago, Chile.  About the transition of an aging woman.  It did drag on at times...more than a few times...but, I couldn't stop watching it.  If you like foreign films  and are patient...you might want to see this one.


I did a special slideshow of Twigs.  It is the home decor and gift shop that is part of the Stitchin' Post.  Twigs will also send items if you find something you can't live without!  
Enjoy!! 
 And we'll see you back here on Monday!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow created with Smilebox

6 comments:

  1. Have a lovely time at the wedding Anna, the quilt looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The women in your family are beautiful and so is the quilt! Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely quilt!! I am sure your nephew and his new bride will treasure it!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt came out beautifully and it looks like they all like it. That is a nice design and fabric choices for a wedding quilt. I hope you enjoy the wedding and visiting with family.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks lovely...lucky bride and groom and a very thoughtful aunty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully creative displays!!!

    ReplyDelete