Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Celebrate with me, Come ON!!!

Every so often a week happens that is a total celebration...a quilt celebration!!!  I got all the pillow cases done and the first batch was sent to the birthday boy yesterday!!!  And his birthday isn't even till the end of the week!  I admit it...my name is Anna and I horde novelty fabrics.  When I realized that it was pillow case making week my usual plan is to go down to the local quilt store and purchase novelty fabrics...because god forbid I should actually use my STASH!!!  Not this time baby!  I opened the closet and was able to find all these wonderful novelty fabrics just waiting to be used.  And, my novelty stash still was the same size...go figure.  Are you fearful of using your stash????  


Celebration #2....my Primitive Gathering 2011 Summer BOW is done!!!  Although I made all 12 blocks I actually physically moved since I had started this project and the full 12 block size would not fit on any wall in the new house so I had to cut it down to 9 blocks.  All my border  hand stitching is DONE!!!  I feel like a finished a quilting marathon!!!  Isn't it beautiful?!  Now off to the quilter by check book it goes.  How is everyone doing on their UFO's...I still have one hanging out from the 90's but someday...over the rainbow...when skies are blue...I will finish my UFO's and then buy a new one tooooo!


11 comments:

  1. Magnificent!! Having this one down must make you feel invincible!! You are QUILTER...hear you roar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute pillowcases!!! I have hoarded Liberty fabrics for years. On a recent retreat I took them, cut them up and created blocks that now hang on my design wall. I still have several large pieces that I will hoard for a bit longer... :0) Love your completed top, is it applique? Wool?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Anna....Celebration indeed! BOW Envey going on here with this finish!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the pillow cases and the PG quilt finishing, are you going to make a runner with the remaining three blocks?
    Looking forward to seeing how it is quilted. I need to get back on the saddle and work on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still plugging away on pinwheels--the last three are ready to be finished with only two (long) seams left--then just add corners, (Press and trim, sigh) borders, and they can be off to the longarmers! Of course they'll come home and have to be bound--but that's TV-watching handwork, so relatively "easy" to get done. (Six king-size quilts, uh huh, easy peasy!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thinking about things to make and going through my stash, always fun to make something from nothing. Love your celebrations quilt, beautiful quilt and appliqué.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoot whoot!!!!
    love the blocks!
    the stash must be alive , remove one piece, and immediately it will reproduce itself in a new pattern! grin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yahoo !! Good for you. The pillow cases are really cute and the quilt top is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations , your quilt is gorgeous and great pillowcases too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is a gorgeous quilt! I've never made a pillowcase, but I have a kit somewhere in my stash. Maybe I need to go buy more cute fabric like you have to make one.:O)

    ReplyDelete