Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Beach Music

Every morning when we woke up, opened the window and sat down for coffee we were greeted by this gal.  So brave and so patient.  Out of the millions and I mean millions of seagulls on the beach...this one always showed up!?...mom????


I tried to see if this seagull had a knee replacement in a former life???

But, no... and, I think she might have thought I was a bit of a perv...so off she would go.

The Oregon coast is dotted with quilt shops and this is definitely their high season as the millions of vacationers drive HWY 101.  You can tell which cars have a quilters.  There is a lot of squealing, arm waving and husbands doing illegal turns or sudden stops.  Creative Fabrics is right on the highway in Wheeler.  The owner and staff are so friendly and as I walked around I ran into a quilter from Bend and LaPine!!!  The quilting world is small and well connected.

Enjoy the slide show and know that if you stop there is a HUGE antique store next door!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a free digital slideshow

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a new friend :-D Really enjoyed the tour of this wonderful quilt shop Thank You !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet post about the seagull! And how lucky you are to have such great quilting shops around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I had a seagull on the hood of my car as I sat and ate my lunch at a fast food restaurant, Sorry to say he didn't get any treats.

    Love Wheeler and both the quilt shop and antique store next door. A definite stop when I go along the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is funny to see them up close like that. The ones I saw were both shy and some could care less if I took photos.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time you are having!!

    ReplyDelete