Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Time...

Wow, it is hard to believe June is just a few days away!  Time seems to be speeding along...whether you are on vacation, planning an event, looking forward to a quilt show..."the time" seems to be here in a blink of an eye.  And it seems that as I get older time is going faster, many family and friends have already checked out of this "life hotel" and moved on to the next.  It makes me want to savor every moment...to stop and enjoy every stitch.  

A dear childhood friend just had a wonderful vacation on the islands and sent me this fabric postcard!  I love it!!!  and plan on framing it.


The same day I got the postcard from her I also received this lovely card from her!!!  Boy am I ever feeling the love.  This card had machine stitching which sent me off on an idea tangent, lol.  We are both collectors of beautiful cards and had vowed that we were going to start sending them, lol...cracks me up that it is as hard to use a card I love as using the last piece of a favorite fabric!

The Woolies met yesterday at QuiltWorks in Bend.  New fabrics were piled around to be checked in...love that post market and pre Quilt Show period because of all the new fabrics coming through the doors.  It was a small group as happens this time of year when people start traveling but we had a wonderful time.  Don't forget the Give Away!  Click the link and follow the directions!

Enjoy the slide show!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow generated with Smilebox

7 comments:

  1. What a fun postcard, I need to try some more, they are fun to practice on. Wonderful photos, your groups are always making beautiful things.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see what everyone is working on & all of the new fabrics coming out this year ! The cards are just AMAZING !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed you woolies yesterday as I made the long trek home from Southern Cali, that is an exhausting drive!
    I love seeing shops featured but it doesn't exactly capture the wonderful people that keep us coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, those postcards are really cool...Mini art pieces. Bertie's are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog and pictures you are a great photographer.
    Should would be fun to visit that quilt shop.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun cards! I love to mail and receive cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabric postcards are really fun to do--a little addictive though! Did you ever see the book/exhibit of playing card quilts several years ago? Thought of you when I was touring quilt (and yarn) shops in Mass/Conn--even bought some flannel for a primitive-style quilt. I think it will be a holiday throw. Had to ship it home since it didn't fit in my suitcase, sigh...

    ReplyDelete