Friday, May 2, 2014

May??? What The Hay???

It is hard to believe we are already into May!!!  How the heck did that happen???  I decided to hit the door running and finished my May UFO on the first day!  I found this wonderful redwork stitchery languishing in a drawer.  Decided what fabric to use for the boarders, layered it and quilted.  Vadaboom! It was done.  Have you figured out why some projects lay around forever in your sewing room? If you do, let me know! For those of you who weren't around when I started stitching this gem...don't ask me for the pattern name.  I saw the photo images on the internet and searched high and low for the pattern.  Finally giving up and just blowing the image up and printing it on transfer eze and started stitching.  After showing it on the blog it was brought to my attention that, it was in fact a discontinued cross stitch pattern!  Anyhoo...I love it and it now hangs above a window in my sewing room with my ever growing gallery of little quilts.


It is Friday! Which means movie and book review!  My high school BFF and I went to see "The Other Woman" while in Portland...and, all I can say is wear a pad when you go to see this movie!!! LOL  It is hysterical!  A pee your pants kind of girl movie.  Maybe it was because I was with my BFF...but, this movie is definitely one I will see again on DVD!  I laughed the entire time.

My book of the week is written by Arianna Huffington of the Huffington Post.  I love self help books.  I always glean a little morsel of information that I can relate to my life.  With that said, when reading this book you have to take it with a grain of salt.  Everything she says is only to encourage you to live a more balanced life...but, you have to realize that she can say all these things because she is striving to live a balanced life after she made a boat load of money.  I would add it to your list if only to reinforce that we all could use a little more sleep :)


Have a wonderful weekend...I hope it is not only filled with quilting but some outdoor time!  I'll have a great slideshow for you on Monday!

7 comments:

  1. Hee...I was going to be one of the hoards asking what pattern it was, Anna! Great idea to blow it up and a wonderful finish!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your redwork quilt! Perfect little quilt for the sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got some books from the library, sight unseen since I ordered them, will not touch them, they are so disgusting, so decided it was time to start using my ipad as an ereader, lol. Our library has that too so I can pick a book and enjoy reading it at night, no lights needed or glasses.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great mini! I had planned to frame mine, but DH hasn't made the frame yet.. I think I should just sew it up and be done too. LOL Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!
    I have done very little quilting.
    I love seeing others artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I enjoy your book reviews. Going through Gifts of Imperfection with a notepad and eyes open. Appreciate the 'boat load' of money comment. It's like looking through a Travel + Leisure Magazine on some fabulous place if you have endless $$, vs. Frommers $5 a day. I'm a $5 a day kind of gal -- way more fun. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love your little quilt! I just bought a similar pattern but it's just the machine, not the words. Maybe I can "design" some words to fill in on mine. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete