Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Day in the Life

Tuesday was a day of reality.  Had a wonderful guy, Jean Paul wash all my window so the mountains sparkled like priceless gems...and then a big bird came by and crapped on one of the picture windows, lol.  Just a reminder that life is not about perfection.

I finished stitching a Kathy Schmitz stitchery.  As you can see I replaced all the little French knots with little red seed beads using nylon beading thread.  This project is slowly starting to move along.  I have at least 7 now that need the pieced border.  Better stop stitching and start piecing!


Anne of Cottons 'n Wool came out for a day of playing.  She brought this adorable wall hanging size quilt to show me because I am dying to make it!  I saw it at Pioneer Quilts last weekend and knew I had to add it to my list.  She had the pattern and lent it to me...droooool.


We headed out to lunch and some shopping. First to the Paper Place, a favorite for both of us.  And then, to the Stitching Post.  Where there is a low hummm of activity as count down to the Quilters Affair and Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show is just around the corner.  I love this photo of Anne kneeling before the modest Civil War pickings.  We both pay homage to the Civil War Fabric god. LOL


I made a small slide show of some of the new stuff arriving daily to the Stitchin' Post.  Enjoy!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own slideshow

5 comments:

  1. I love the beads in your stitchery, they really add sparkle to it! Anne's quilt is gorgeous!! I may have to stop reading blogs, every day some one show a quilt and I add the quilt to my 'want to make that one too' list! I over heard a conversation at our post office yesterday, a man and his wife were headed to Oregon for a wedding, but were going a few days early to go to the Sister's Quit show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are just too many new and beautiful things that I want to make, you piece is wonderful and I love Anne's quilt, that would be beautiful to make for spring and summer.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Counting down already to Quilt Week! We scored a nice condo in town, so excited we will have a great place to stay while we soak up the fun of Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stitched heart is really sweet.! I am having my windows cleaned in a few weeks, right before my sister arrives from So. Carolina...sure hope the birds stay away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE that stitchery! Looks like a fun day out with Anne. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete