Monday, April 28, 2014

Recovery Monday

Spending time with a friend from your childhood reaffirms your history.  You reminisce, laugh, talk and realize that although you may not have seen each other in over a year...the rhythm continues as if you have seen each other every day.  I had such a weekend and it is a gift!  I read a quote this last week that said, contact a friend you haven't seen in a while...reconnect, it's good for your health!!

And so my bestie from high school and I played the entire weekend in Portland.  I shared some of my favorite haunts, happy hours, shopping and we stayed up past midnight every night just hanging together.  I brought 3 hand stitching projects to work on...and she brought a rug hooking project...BUT, neither of us touched our stitching, lol.  I think taking a break once in a while is a good thing!

Breakfast at Cheryl's on 12th


Happy Hour at Jake's Fish House...and their famous Banana Cream Pie!


Just a small portion of the activities so as to not bore you, lol...then it was back over the mountain where the snow was spitting with a chill in the air.  Yet...it is supposed to reach 80 by mid week.  Gotta love Spring!


I have decided to start each week with a "funny" of some kind.  I think we need more laughter in the world!  I am off to Material Girls today which means we will be back to the "quilt talk" tomorrow!  Enjoy the video!

4 comments:

  1. Such a fun weekend - coffee, pie and flowers - perfect! Don't you just love those friends - the ones who you can not see for a loooong time, but things are always great between you? I have one of those - and I think I will just give her a call today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful photos of you and I love banana cream pie. It is one thing I can make without sugar since the bananas sweeten it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you two had a fantastic weekend together! So great to spend time with a good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 5 high school girlfriends who come to my house for a weekend every year. We laugh, we cry and then we laugh some more. Two of us have had cancer, four of us have divorced and one of those is remarried, the other three remarried but are divorced again, and we all just weather the storms of life together. This year we will skip my house and join our classes 50th high school reunion. I can't wait! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete