Monday, April 21, 2014

Goodies Galore!

This past week and weekend I was feeling the glow!  Customer Appreciation was going on at the Stitchin' Post with all kinds of demos, sales, classes...plus, getting to talk to all the quilters who showed up!  I also received a couple of goodies from friends!!!  This sweet little bag which Enzo is so kindly being the dog model is filled with a quilter's chocolate bar!!! Yum!!!  Since I am going up to the city to meet a friend who is flying in for a girl weekend...I am going to save it for our indulgence!!!


Then I got a package in the mail from another friend who sent me this much desired pattern which I passed up at Back Porch Quilt Shop when I was down at Empty Spools!!  I looked for this pattern all the way home and even at Fabric Depot...to no avail!  Lessons here...if you love it buy it, because you may never find it again and I just lucked out that a dear friend had pity on me :)!


In supporting my local quilt shop I decided that I must have this book!  It really is a visual feast and all the projects are doable.

Isn't this the sweetest little mini quilt?!  This one project is worth the purchase of the book but it is also filled with projects that are going to be added to my "Someday List." Which is the topic of future blog :)

Enjoy a little peek of the Stitchin' Post!  We are on count down to the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow personalized with Smilebox

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great Easter weekend, lucky you to receive those lovely gifts.

    I always consider Turquoise-Teal as a neutral, it gives a special pop to a quilt.

    Love the pencil quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tour of the Stitchin' Post! I also love that bird patterns and did not know that Kim Diehl has a new book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Enzo give it back? LOL
    Great books and I do like the birds, that will be a fun one to do and can be done in all types of styles.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great shop! I enjoyed the visit... and the music! Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim Diehl is on the teacher list for Asilomar next year. She was a delightful speaker and I bet her classes are fun! I might have to try to get to the Stitchin' Post one of fthese days, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful goodies! I want that Backyard Bird book...it looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish we were going this year, Anna! I'm drooling already. Hope that road constructions makes the road a tad wider for all the quilters to converge!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are lucky to live near the Stitchin' Post! But I've found it's one of those quilt shops that you need to know what you need to buy before you enter, otherwise, the choices are overwhelming! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the bird pattern and hope to start it this fall. I do want the book too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been dying to get the Kim Diehl book - I have all the rest of hers. Is it just to die for? blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete