Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Yummm!!! Food and Fabric!!!

Although cooking has in the past been a challenge for me I believe that since we moved I have been getting better and that previously it was the fault of my kitchen.  The only negative has been Enzo's response to my cooking.  Having set off the smoke alarm more than once...he now heads for the bedroom when I start cooking.


doesn't it look delicious!  tomato, zucchini, onions, garlic and julienne ham sauteed in olive oil and then tossed with  noodles.

I just couldn't pass up supporting the Stitchin' Post in bringing some Civil War fabrics back....yeah!!!  So I bought a roll!

but before I got out of the shop I saw this piece...oh yeah, 2 yards please!

While digging through my "command center" I chose this project to be my March UFO.  I just need to finish quilting it and since I will be on a long car trip I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to stitch while being navigator...hummm wonder which I will be better at??? lol  Robin will  be reporting later!  How are you guys all doing with your UFO pile???


10 comments:

  1. My UFO pile grew by one yesterday thanks to my deep-stash diving! I know there are more out there, and I'm on the fence about digging around some more and bringing them to light, versus just letting them hibernate a while longer. I am making good progress on my Asilomar quilt, though, and working on the binding for my Chicopee quilt. So there is headway being made. Might get one finished by the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curios to see your quilting design for your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That recipe looks good, I need more healthy pasta recipes. I have a bundle similar to that, that a friend got me, still waiting to use it in a special project.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dinner looks delicious! I LoVe that crow sampler too. Reminds me I have one to do just like that. Where is it hiding???? Good luck with your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your reproductions! Dinner looks fabulous too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The comical kitchen capers with Enzo beating feet oughta there is hilarious!!! UFO's...well...if I would quit finding areas of quilting/sewing that could use more volunteers I think I'd actually take a look into that drawer. But...why?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Civil War fabric is back?! I still have a bin of vintage CW fabric

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am jealous of your Civil War fabrics! Congratulations for your cooking, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dinner looks wonderful....and yes, my dogs head for the hills when mama starts cook...which ain't too often!! Hmmmm....Maybe I need a new kitchen.? Hey I was just looking at that crow mat in Primitive Quilts mag two days ago....wondering if it should get moved to the TO DO LIST or not!! After seeing yours it got moved!! Gorgeous! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your recipe sounds delicious! I totally love civil war repros and can't get enough. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete