Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Who's Having Fun????

Oppps...forgot to publish the blog...which means I was right to take a break!

This week has been...as Robin says, "A kick in the pants!" Class has been challenging for me since it is a design and process class. Besides being in the 'ol stomping grounds...and feeling mom's presence as I look out on the bay.



Ran into a couple of quilters hanging around! Del Thomas and Freddie Moran. Del brought her wonderful collection of art quilts and Freddie was just enjoying the evening program.




Asilomar is a wonderful setting for a workshop and there are fabulous boardwalks and paved paths to walk on along the beach. We saw a whole pod of whales!




I have been taking lots of photos and will have several slide shows showing our adventure from beginning to end. This will be the last post until Monday...as this class is sapping all my creative juices! LOL. Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week that includes some stitching.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

  1. Freddy is looking good, wish I had red glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are having fun, I know I would be thinking about how mine looks and drive myself nuts, lol. Looks like a beautiful place for a retreat.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time-can't wait to see your pix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Freddie Moran - took a class from her here in Michigan! Can't wait to see pictures of your adventures. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you are able to post with BlogPress. I'm having issues with it right now. Asilomar and Pacific Grove and Monterey Bay are such lovely inspirations to visit.

    I'm hoping you are having lots of fun with the creativity that Mary Lou Weidman exudes. Looking forward to the pictures to come,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been amazed that you have ANY energy to post while you are taking that workshop. Apparently there is Wi-Fi? Do tell...should I take my iPad? Freddy...inspirational!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, there is wi-fi throughout the Asilomar campus, so do take your iPad. I uploaded all my pictures every night and was able to blog from there as well. I love going there and always hate to leave! So much creativity, and the natural beauty just adds to the experience.

    ReplyDelete