Friday, March 14, 2014

Week in Review

I finished reading Killer by Jonathan Kellerman and it lived up to his previous books...I didn't guess who the killer was until the very end...ahhh...love a good mystery, lol.  The movie of the week, Gravity.  Have you seen it????  Well, I am soooo glad I didn't see it on the big screen!  I know, I know...everyone says you need to see it on the big screen but that is only if you can handle it!  Me, I am a scaredy cat which means I know that I would be in and out of the theater during the movie.  I left Jurrasic Park 3 times during that movie, lol.  It was a good movie and I am sooo curious how it was made.


I learned this quilting tip at a guild meeting and was so tickled at how slick it worked!  I always make my binding when I complete a top, rolling them up for storage until the quilt is ready for the binding.  The wedding quilt was ready for binding and so I put the binding roll on one of the thread spindles.

As I attached the binding it rolled off the spindle without a hitch.  Normally I have the roll bouncing around on the floor :)  Because I had such an issue with the batiks I decided to attach the binding by machine.  I attached the binding to the back of the quilt.  Then pressed it towards the front and stitched it down on the front by machine....wow!!!  I should have had a V8!!!  I am going to be hard pressed to hand stitch down a binding on a bed quilt.  What are your thoughts??

Wedding quilt done, pieced by moi, quilted by the Quilting Lab, binding and label attached for a wedding in JUNE!!!  Ahhhh, this is what being in on top of the pile must feel like!

Here is a wonderful slide show of what the Woolies have been up too...and Mary R. outdid herself in the UFO finish category!  See ya back here on Monday!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another photo slideshow by Smilebox

4 comments:

  1. The last big screen I went to was a drive in, lol. Love the binding tip, and it looks beautiful on the quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little needle bookis lovely Anna, insure Sandy will enjoy it along with the four needles. I like that you used a plaid wool for the pages. Mary is doing a wonderful job with those PG block of the week, very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Gravity and it was great on the BIG screen!! Also loved Captain Philips, Dallas Buyers Club and 12 Years a Slave! I don't think I could pick a Fave as they were all fantastic!
    Your Woolie Group is out of this world!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gravity I will have to see on the BIG screen! I've always loved sci-fi so no problem there. I would SO be inspired to do more woolie projects if I lived near a woolie group. As the Spring is gearing up though, the garden is calling!

    ReplyDelete