Monday, March 3, 2014

Pat's Place

Have you ever met someone who you feel so comfortable with. And, as you talk you realize that they love exactly the things you love...just maybe by a ripple in the universe you have met a sister from another family???  Well, that is how I felt within moments of meeting Pat.  She is living in my dream house...a log cabin!  And, she loves to go antiquing for that perfect find!  I swear some of the items in her home were things I used to have in our farm house in California some 35+ years ago!!!  She loves all things historic...from little kids shoes from the 30's to old irons!  She collects buttons...and, do I mean collects!  Old irons, coffee grinders, chocolate molds, baskets...and everything is displayed in wonderful little vignettes!

Her quilting likes are totally in line with the Woolie...and, she doesn't like Batiks either!!!!  I have divided the slide show over 2 days because I didn't want any numb rear ends out there, lol.  Today...the home.  Tomorrow...the sewing space!

Get a cuppa coffee and join Pat in her home!



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow design customized with Smilebox

16 comments:

  1. WOW! What a gorgeous Log Home !! Thanks for sharing all of these pictures looking forward to seeing her sewing room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful home and lots of beautiful collectibles and antiques, would take all day to take it all in, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You meet the most facinating people. I love her Longaberger collection...as I used to sell it, I have quite a collection myself. I also used to have a very similar red/white checked couch but had to donate it to goodwill when we moved to PDX..hubby would not help me get in the basement...so off to Goodwill it went. I miss it all the time. Thank you for sharing her home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that is only half of the show of pictures you have to share with us. Her work is lovely as is the kovely log cabin home she lives in.

    Thank you for sharing this lovely woman and her special collections with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful home she has! Like Michelle above, I used to have many of those items, had some darling vignettes set up with some of my favorite things. Alas, all has changed since the move! Many of the family antiques have gone to the kids, and there just isn't room in my new space for everything. Such is life, I guess! Wonderful for Pat that she can have her home and her beloved collections all around her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous and well loved home....beautiful quilts....love the old air blower hand dryer in the bathroom.....what a collection of Longenberger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!
    I have a friend just like that who I met 10 years ago. We feel like we have always known each other!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love your home Pat! Wonderful collections and such a cozy feel. I enjoyed seeing many similar things that I enjoy and Love all her Longaberger and how she is using it throughout her home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures of Pat's gorgeous log home. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a wonderful time! wait till you see her sweet sewing cabin

      Delete
  10. Sounds good to think another person who's taste is same like me. But they won't be friends since same poles repels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome--so fun to see so many wonderful collectibles on display!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete