Friday, February 21, 2014

Wind~Down Friday....

Ahhh, it's Friday!  Time for a review of the Woolie week.  This week was such a blessing for me and the Command Center!  I finished my Material Girls Dresden Challenge piece which I can't show you because it doesn't get revealed until April.  I love it!  The challenge required you to have at least one Dresden Plate somewhere on your quilt...I can't wait for this reveal!  I also organized my stitching threads and did some more stitching on my Berties BOM.  I was able to take the wedding quilt to a longarm quilter in Bend (more about that on Monday) and I have a second quilt all ready to send to a longarm quilter in Sisters!!!  Alleluia am I feeling on top of the quilting heap in my sewing room!

The book I have been listening too in the command center is Unbroken.  All I can say is WOW!  We have so much to be grateful for and our father's generations sacrifice must never be forgotten.  Of course I know I am getting close to the parts in the book that make you want to cover your ears...


The movie I am reviewing this week is Blue Jasmine.  I have to preface this with a disclaimer that I tend to be a light weight movie goer.  I want to feel better after I have seen a movie than before I saw it...with that said, this is a downer.  Not as bad as August Osage County but definitely on the same shelf.  The acting was great but, I didn't bond to any of the characters.  I also have to admit that I have never really liked Woody Allen movies...I know, I am a light weight movie viewer...give me a good Pixar movie with great music and I'm in.  So...you can take a chance if you want.


This is my laugh for the weekend...some people and dogs, just crack me up!


Here is the slide show from my needle case class at the Stitchin' Post!  Have a great weekend!  I hope it is filled with stitching, love, good books and a great movie!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free picture slideshow

8 comments:

  1. That was one of the most Amazing books. Hard to get thru at times...just makes me want to give Louie a hug. Love the dog selfies. Made me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had quite a week and I think you need a day of rest;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh! LOVE that selfie! :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, the dog selfie is a hoot! Love all those pretty stitches. You are on a roll and it's only February!!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wholeheartedly agree with you about Blue Jasmine -- I was curious about this movie and Kate Winslet's character -- it was so difficult to stay awake . . . I would give this one a "meh" . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just started reading Unbroken. Thank you si much for recommending it. I cant put it down so there goes the quilting. Have been looking for a book to pull me in this is it. THANKS AGAIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I take your movie reviews to heart...so...I chose not to go see Osage County even though two of my favorite actresses were in it. Blue Jasmine I was looking forward to seeing as I love Cate Blanchett but now...well...maybe not. I have seen the Wall Street movie and the Hustler movie and didn't like either...rather downers I'd say. What's up with recent movies anyway??? Love your Sue Spargo'ish examples of wool embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the info, keep up the good work going.... I really enjoyed exploring your site. good resource...
    Robinets de Cuisine

    ReplyDelete