Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Time Travel

Whenever I arrive home to Sisters I feel somewhat discombobulated.  It is like time travel...the city is filled with all manner of humanity.  You really see the world with all the dark and light sides.  In Sisters it is quiet, and mostly light.  Does that make sense?   


the ride over the mountain was beautiful and the snow was much needed.


As soon as I arrived home I started packing for retreat on Wed.  The benefit with a quilt retreat is the intensive amount of time dedicated to quilts and girlfriends!  The appropriate attire is PJ's and there is always some sort of soup brewing! I can't wait!!!


I was able to finish up my little wall hanging that came to me by way of Karen at  The Yellow Farmhouse.  I chose to use a little more wool than the original project.  It is adorable and ready for Valentine's Day!  are you working on any Valentine's projects???


6 comments:

  1. Looks like you're packed and ready. (Or is this a deception?) Love the laid-back feeling of being on a retreat...oh ya!...and all the laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, you did a lovely job on your Valentine mini quilt. I like your wool and cotton mix. I like the ribbon and bow quilting you did in your borders, very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume you hand quilted your Valentine quilt? - looks great and so graceful with the curves. I found out about Steam a Seam II today - they are not making it anymore UNTIL they solve the release paper problem. A fabric rep happened to be in my LQS and she estimated that it would be 2 years before it would be available again. Enjoy your retreat!!! Be good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fun piece and the wool looks wonderful.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree...totally cute project and perfect for this time of year!! It's a winner!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with you about the change. Love your wall hanging...

    ReplyDelete