Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Year of the UFO

For the rest of the world this is the Year of the Horse.  People born in the year of the horse are travelers.  It is also a sign of speedy success.  Horses are best in a leadership role and  are known for their pursuit of freedom.  They are passionate in their beliefs.  As a side note my mother was born in the year of the horse and to her dying day was proud of the year she entered this world.

In this space I occupy it is not the year of the horse but rather the year of the UFO.  It is a year filled with mystery (where the #$%^ did this kit come from?) and wonder (holy moly...I could open a shop!!!).  Those of us brave enough to embrace the Year of the UFO are committed.  We also are passionate about the pursuit of freedom from the burden of our past.  We desire excitement in discovering new projects but are disciplined enough to realize that by embracing the UFO we will set our sewing rooms free!!!!

I encourage you to stay the course.  To embrace those UFO's that have been crying for freedom...we are closing in on the second month of the year and we must be strong!

With this said I dug out a BOM from 2013 designed by Kathy Schmitz and dove right in...I decided after seeing and talking with Candace at Squash House Quilts to also construct mine into one quilt rather than 12 little ones.  I had a good start on the stitchery but seemed to have had a Labrador moment and bounced off after some other project.  NOW, IT IS THE YEAR OF THE UFO!!!

2 Down...10 to Go...

I may have a Labrador Retriever Brain...but, I am an Optimist!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!  And, hug a UFO!

14 comments:

  1. In an effort to get my sewing room under control I spent the last 3 days sorting threw quilt magazines, pulling patterns I love and tossing the rest....I must have gone threw at least 100 magazines

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful UFO to finish... Looking forward to watching your progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are tempting me to work on my KS pattern from the book. I did the smaller ones but would like to do the quilt too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These two blocks are lovely. I'd really encourage you to stick with this one and finish it in 2014. I'm interested to see what other designs will be coming next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said....Here Here.....Amen!! UFO's are wonderful, they are those laid aside and forgotten, must haves! My word this year may be Courage, but my brain says " Squirrel" to often for my good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual you've got me grinning from ear to ear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great! Life should be filled with grinning!

      Delete
  7. A friend did those stitcheries and kept up with them each month. I was very impressed. I'll be cheering for you, I think a quilt is a good way to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Kathy Schmitz finishes are wonderful! I'll be finishing a 3 year UFO this morning! Then... on to the next UFO... yippeee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there, Anna! I KNOW you can do it. Remember the little engine that could? Holler if you need a cheerleader :>)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is definitely the year of the UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like both blocks very much but I think the rabbit best of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've finished the hand work on all the K. Schmitz stitcheries. :) Only have four or five quilted though. :( I'm working! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete