Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sew Many Needs...Sew Many Quilts....

Sew....here is the story...last December I signed up with a Bertie's BOM online.  Then January came along and I made the commitment to NOT shop the internet for 6 months.  Then Bertie's online BOM didn't come because the fabric was still on order.  So, I dropped out and signed up with a local shop who was doing it in wool (did you know I love wool).  The Bertie's gathering was on Sunday...where I ran into this jelly roll called Little Black Dress.  I couldn't resist it!  After all doesn't every woman want a little black dress????!!!


Linda and Gail were getting the class going.

Here is my first block in progress...Cross my heart and hope to decrease my UFO's, WIP's and PIGs...I am going to keep up on this monthly project! Are you signed up for a BOM this year?

Here is a project that a fellow classmate completed.  Don't you love the stitching!

Enjoy the slideshow of Sew Many Quilts!  
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own slideshow




10 comments:

  1. LOVE that little black dress fabric! I've got that on my wish list at Fat Quarter Shop (online)... I don't really have any LQS's where I live... but, I haven't bought anything extra this year (been doing good with stash busting)... well... I did sign up for the Fat Quarter Shop designer mystery BOM... but, that starts in june...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already purchased that Little Black dress fabric ! Looking for the perfect quilt to make with this gorgeous fabric. I just love these wool appliques. So cute ! I am making the Hampton Ridge BOM . Just started it a couple of days ago and almost have the 4 blocks for month #1 done

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the problem with stores, there is no way we can go in without coming out with something;) That is a fun BOM and i do like how she did the stitchery around it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a dream of a shop... at the end of the world for me...
    and we don't have anything like that here. Little Black Dress fabrics seem so nice and it is also the name of an excellent French perfume! Can you tell me what BOM means?
    Greetings from Athens. Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOM means block of the month. Shops will send out a block each month with fabric and by the end of the year you have a whole set or a whole quilt…less traumatic way to put a big quilt together  Are you in Athens, Greece or Athens, Georgia?

      Delete
  5. Oy..I thought were stayed home cause of snow...I would have stopped in..Didn't leave til after one. Next trip

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, just enjoy yourself, no guilt trips, grin!
    loved the box!
    looked like all you could want & more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Bertie BOM (Block of the Month) but I promised myself NO MORE BOMs until I've finished the two I have started. I will live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is adorable! Only 2...come on.....

      Delete
  8. I'm trying to resist Bertie. I've seen some of the blocks being done for our local shop.He's so adorable and the stitching really adds to the fun.

    ReplyDelete