Wednesday, February 5, 2014

How's It Going...???

We are definitely into the second month of the year.  There will be at least 6 more weeks of quilting according to the Hedgehog!  And...alleluia...the landscape is covered in snow today!  Which makes everyone around here mighty happy.  I have been connecting to my 2014 word, "Quiet." And, the chanting of my mantra, "it is so not like me" has keep my tantrums tucked away in the recesses of my 2 year old brain.  How about you?  How we doing so far?

HH and I put together a couple of bookcases last weekend and the instructions were definitely written to keep the drama on the down low.  Having good instructions or a good instructor is a must for me! 


My needle case class with Tamra at the Stitchin' Post was very good.  I learned 4 new stitches!  Tamra is a great instructor...she draws pictures too! LOL  It also was the first time in my entire life I have been called "Teachers Pet"  by a fellow student!  hehehe...Sister Theodoshea must be rolling over in her grave!

look at this fun little stitch!!!

I couldn't resist the latest addition of Quiltmania!  Between Primitive Quilts and Projects and Quiltmania I am in quilt literature heaven.  Do you have a favorite magazine?

With all the negatives I have received on the new Pellon steam a seam I am reluctant to use it in prepping my second border.  I am going to wait and try it on a pincushion or something else that is small!  

Have a great hump day!

6 comments:

  1. I love that spider-web stitch!! It's fun to do and looks so good! I guess I need to get myself up and out today--the B&N in the shopping center near my new house carries Quilt Mania, and I didn't get that issue--something new to look forward to! Oh, and prepping more pieces for my paper-piecing project. I'm making a mess and loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your spider web stitch Anna, it looks like you are having fun with the needle case stitching.

    I like Quiltmania, but not every issue, I like their seasonal special issues. Two other magazines I like are Machine Quilting Unlimited and Quilting Arts.

    Stay warm, is is -4C here with blue skies and expected colder by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like most of the Australian quilt mags. Can I get those mags? NO --- the few book stores left could care less about overseas mags ..... they use to carry them but now it is so hitter miss, I think MISS is the operative word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried the new Simply Vintage!! VERY good...you would like it! It's put out by Quiltmania!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, am trying to stick to my mantra, "Go make stuff"! Having signed on to two very different blog projects (one wool/ handwork, and the other a scrap-using quilt...one a month!) I find myself quite busy, and happy. Mags I currently like are Quilting Arts and Generation Q...love keeping up an awareness of the trends. Have a great retreat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun to have a stitch class, would love to learn more stitches with a teacher. I actually finished something today, hopefully I can get my groove back.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete