Monday, February 17, 2014

Hello Monday!

For those of you who are working and have today off, congratulations!  For those you who are working but get time and a half today...more fabric money!...and for those of us who run a different kind of schedule, today is just confusing.  Can't go to the bank, library, county, city and state offices...thank goodness the fabric stores don't close on President's Day!  Today I head off to stitch with the Material Girls.  I have missed them the last couple of meetings and have a desire to catch up on the news.  This weeks posts I will be catching you up on all my stitching...

As for the movie and book review...here we go...I am currently buried in the Wild.  I am still in the first third so haven't totally bonded yet.  But everyone who has read it seems to think it is great so I am going to keep on keeping on!


HH and I went to see Monument Men...star studded movie, compelling story which happens to be based on real events.  But, I have to give it a 2.5-3.  It just lacked a meaty kind of depth I was so hoping for.  I need to bond with the characters in a book or movie and these character whether due to writing or lack of time just didn't fill my well.  I wanted to know more.  But, if you just want to see a movie with a bunch of great actors who aren't reaching their range...go see it.  


Friday we were working all day in Bend and took a break at QuiltWorks.  OOOHHH, how I wish all of you could see the February Gallery Exhibit!  Although the opening was cancelled to the snow dump of 2014 it hangs the entire month.  Anne of Cottons 'n Wool was the featured quilter and I am here to tell you her quilts just make me stand in awe.  The group exhibit reminds me of a warm sunny beach...I hope you enjoy the slide show! 

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow customized with Smilebox

11 comments:

  1. You mean my employer is supposed to pay me time and a half for having to work today? We are one of the ONLY mortgage companies open today..>I mean...we cannot fund loans, we cannot have signings, etc.

    Yes, the quilts are A MAZE ING...I almost went back yesterday before I left Bend to look at them again, but wanted to get over the mountain...roads were cleared but still very wet and the temp was 33...Had I traveled any later and I believe the roads would turn to ice.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE each and every quilt Anne made. I want to be her when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous quilt show! I think I like the one with the houses all around the center square the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt show...sweet! We went to see that movie, too, and I felt just like you did. It was a little depressing, but it had a great story line. I'm on that other kind of schedule where going to the post office today was a surprise. Closed! I would have remembered it was a holiday if I wasn't retired. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anna...thanks for the love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilts - she does such amazing work and thanks for taking us along on the tour of her quilts. Sure wish I could have been there.
    Hugs - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne is prolific as well as talented! Sounds like you had a good weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. my son liked that movie!
    off to look at your box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! Please pass a warm hello to Anne B. how much I enjoyed her quilts. So beautiful! Was inspired by pinkish flower baskets and houses w/seasonal yards. Does this mean I just added two new UFOs?

    ReplyDelete