Followers

Friday, January 17, 2014

TGIF

Yesterday was beautiful...I love the sun and the mountains but have to admit to worrying about our next fire season. Poor Southern California has already started their fire season and it is January!!! I am hoping for more SNOW!!! 

 I had a wonderful afternoon with Anne of Cottons 'n Wool...our intention was to stitch. But, we ended up talking up a storm and going through my project list.  It was wonderful and has made me even more committed to my 2014 plan!

Last November I was excited to learn that the Stitch Society had arrived at the Stitchin' Post in Sisters.  Tamra was the moderator and she is a gem of a teacher...organized and fun.  Because of my schedule I had to sign up by mail.  In December a very heavy box arrived filled with patterns and templates in what I anticipate to be a great wool adventure.


At the suggestion of another class member I took my stitch pages to the local XPress and had them spiral bound.  I love the ease of spiral binding those books that you use a lot.


The slide show is filled with my classmates work and the Stitchin' Post.  Enjoy!  Have a great weekend and see you back here on Monday.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a digital slideshow

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stitching, would love to sit with all of you and learn the fancier stitches.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I love those stitches, Anna! Can't wait to see what you make!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see some Sue Spargo stitching influence. Love the new fabrics...drool...

    ReplyDelete
  4. One ca never have enough pin keeps, they are lovely. All the projects are nicely done. Are they based on a book?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The buddy system is the best way to stay focused on any goal! Yay Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never even heard of the Stitch Society! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK go ahead, spur me on! Love working with wool...The color selection at SP looks to be light in color...seasonal? Trend? We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my how do you decide? I would like to purchase
    The hexie project - any ideas on where to get it?
    Thanks- TJ in MT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I had to answer here as you comments come over as a no reply. I know that the Stitchin' Post in Sister has the program and they do offer it by mail. it is called Stitch Society! have fun!

      Delete
  9. I'm signed up for the Stitch Society but we don't start until March--I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete