Followers

Monday, January 20, 2014

My Cup Runneth Over

This weekend was one that songs were written about!  At least by a singing quilter! lol  Way too much activity for one blog...you'd have to have a liter of coffee in order to get through it all so I am dividing it up between 3 blogs.  

On Sat. we got together with a group of neighbors for a shared meal and camaraderie.  I decided, as usual to attempt to make something I have never made before...and guess what?!  It actually turned out! Both HH and I were shocked, lol.  A sprouted rice/quinoa  dish.  It was simple but delish!  with sauteed almonds, garlic, chopped apricots and curry.  I am definitely making this one again.  I took a photo to commemorate my success!


I had signed up for a Postcard class with Tonye Belinda Phillips and I can tell you it was the most satisfying class I have taken!  Why you ask?  Because I actually finished the project in the class!  NO UFO!!!  These cards if constructed with cotton can be hand stamped and sent through the mail.  If you add embellishments you must put it in an envelope and send.  It is a quick and totally satisfying project...although, since it was my first time...took me the entire class to make one card.  But, that one card was sooo much fun to make!  I really like the sewline glue pen and it works so well on wool!


The Fast2 fuse is the fusible used in postcard making.


Tonye is a generous supportive teacher.  If you ever have the opportunity to take a Postcard Class you must...and then, send me one! :)


Enjoy the slide show from the class...tomorrow an EPIC slide show...have I got your interest???

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free slideshow design generated with Smilebox

11 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun class. A friend sent me the materials to make some, so I need to try some. I was planning on it, thought I could make them throughout the year to send with cards for next Christmas.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our modern quilt guild here in Eugene had a postcard exchange in December...WAY fun! It's a way to be creative and have quick results, sometimes we need this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing all the cards and your snowman is too cute for words. I like the idea of framing one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well your card has to be the cutest thing...(I love snowmen)! You finished it in class AND your gourmet diner turned out delish!!!! You are on a roll......whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the most beautiful cotton quilted postcard that I bought at a shop in Kaui several years ago.....and it says that it can be stamped and mailed (the horror!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your snowman with the snowflake buttons! That frog looks just like a painting my son made for my daughter.....the first framed on is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back when I belonged to a quilt guilld, we had done a postcard challenge. It was fun, and very satisfying too. I only had the old-fashioned glue stick then, but the Sewline would be great. (I use it for paper piecing!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post-the post cards were so good-wouldn't it be something to get one of these in the mail? Your recipe looked good also- I just started a second BOM for the Dash Away All quilt you mentioned in last post- it is offered at the Quilted Moose in Gretna-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love that quilt! send me a photo when you are done!

      Delete
  9. Love making post cards! So rewarding! And who wouldn't want to play with Tonye? I'm envious. Your snowman is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So creative! Yours is my favorite out of all of them - such a cute snowman and I love the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete