Thursday, January 9, 2014

Journey....

I am continuing to ponder the path I want to walk this quilting year and I love hearing the goals and decisions others are making.  A friend of mine (quilter)  was nice enough to open her house to me on Tuesday evening.  A handful of us gathered for chat time at another girlfriends house. I don't know if you know this but I am unable to drive at night.  Absolute night blind.  So I ventured to the next town in the day time and parked my car at my girlfriends and she drove us to dinner and chat.  Afterwards we went back to her house and I stayed the night.  Which gave us time to talk about our quilting dreams, plans and process.  She has made a list of all her projects!!! Yikes!!!  But you know...I think she has a good idea!  I have had a running list in my head but not written on paper or computer.  I am going to work on this over the weekend and I will tell you on Monday if I will need a blood transfusion or oxygen, LOL.

When I drove back home the next morning I drove directly to Juniperberries to stitch and share with a wonderful group of women.  Everyone works on their own projects although several were being instructed on the construction of a quilted bag.  My brain could not wrap around another new project....so I continued to stitch on my Buttermilk Basin monthly mats.  

Pat brought the top of her challenge quilt to stitch the applique borders...and boy is it ever beautiful!  Pat's home and quilt room will be featured on the blog in Feb. so stay tuned for that treat!


This is one of the reasons I couldn't face the bag class...see all those zippers!!!!  Yikes, zippers scare me!


...and Miss Rosie showed up for a visit...isn't she adorable!


Well, back to the drawing board....I mean quilting board!  See ya tomorrow!

16 comments:

  1. I love Pat's quilt. I made the same one in a class I took from Kim Diehl a couple of years ago. Kim is a great teacher and I learned a whole lot about applique from her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never made a Kim Diehl quilt but I think I will have to try one!

      Delete
  2. Miss Rosie is soooo cute, how can you resist that face?

    I'm glad you had a good time with friends at both events. Thank goodness the days are getting longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt! Miss Rosie is a cutie. Take the bag class~ conquer your fear this year! You will see, zippers are no harder than anything else. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat's quilt is gorgeous and love the puppy...whose is she?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should make a list too and hang it on my wall, I tend to forget what I am doing so a nice way to keep track of the things I want to accomplish and decide what is the most important and start working on each one, but we know that won't happen. I am light sensitive too, so I stay off highways but am ok on back roads, since I can drive slower and less cars, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosie is just too cute! Can I ask what breed she is?
    Lists can be daunting, but they also help with setting goals and crossing things off your list is immensely satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quilt! And that puppy!! What a sweetie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I like Pat's quilt that she is working on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep a running list of UFO/WIPs on the sidebar of my blog--my form of accountability! I guess I should update both the list and the blog, huh? I've been struggling with making some goals for the year, fibery and otherwise, though some of them are very plain: like, getting all my stash into one place and in a form I can actually access and use!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your reflections are really speaking to me and I think I will spend some time doing a bit of pondering and planning this weekend for my quilting year. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry... once i seen the pic of Miss Rosie I completely forgot about what the first part of your post was about... lol! I'm such a sucker for puppies... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think if I made a list of projects I want to finish I might cry. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess I'm like everyone else wanting to get projects done, cut into my stash etc. Also add "clean up your sewing room". Trouble is when I do that I "unearth" UFO's that have been long forgotten. I tried writing down a list one time and it didn't work because I was so anxious nothing on the quilt was getting done. To remedy my problem of cutting into my stash, I visited my favorite shop today and got fabric to start a new project! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a big leap...controlling ones stash as opposed it controlling us. I love all my UFO's so I have a strong desire to make them...now lets see if I can create some movement here!

      Delete