Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I'm Just A Material Girl!

The one thing you can count on is change and a new year is all about change.  I wake up each morning with a sense of anticipation...the sunrise was beautiful which made the beginning of the day even more exciting!


Although the day was filled with chores that needed to be addressed I knew the bulk of the day was going to be spent with my Material Girls.  It was to be our first gathering of 2014 and...in a new location.  For a variety of boring reason we needed to move from the place we had called home and were blessed to be given space at one of the churches in Bend.  The space is lovely and I already feel the good vibes of the many quilts ahead.  I decided to not make a slide show of the current creations so that you can click on the photos to enlarge them.  Obviously the holidays didn't slow down these MG's.






This is what quilt groups are all about...helping each other.  If you have an opportunity to join a group...do it...the support, laughter and  "show in tell" are wonderful.




I plan on spending today stitching to my hearts content...how about you?

13 comments:

  1. It is great that you can quilt with others, keeps us motivated. Love the window quilt, have always wanted to do one like that.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much talent! They are all wonderful projects! The applique in the first one is gorgeous! I love the colors and design... would you happen to know the name of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That church looks like Nativity Lutheran? but maybe not. Maybe it's the other Lutheran church downtown. I want to join a group so bad...so may start to look around. I LOVE that BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like,you found a great place to gather. Love the eye candy and appreciate the fact that you share

    ReplyDelete
  5. What nice projects - lovely fabrics and soft colors on those beautiful applique blocks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been lucky to have a quilting group, a knitting group, and a third group that's both quilters and knitters. However life changes are affecting all three and I'm not at all sure of what's in the future. For now I'm enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely space to stretch out and be creative. Enjoy your stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a variety of lovely quilt projects!! I'd like to get a chance to sew today... I'm hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First Tuesday, of many-to-come, babysitting my G-Grandson, Mason. I realize that I need a hand project ready at all times. At 2 months he sleeps A LOT!!! Love your girls and all their awesome projects...

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Such lovely projects!! i want to play too!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are awesome projects. I agree, belonging to a group is so much fun. It's the best! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely projects , I agree belonging to a group is so great , inspirational and you can always learn from others . Thanks for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's nothing like a day spent with quilty peeps to get recharged. Love the projects that you showed that everyone is working on - inspiration for sure.
    Hugs - Karen

    ReplyDelete