Followers

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Faster Than a Speeding Quilter!!!

Poor Enzo...he had his teeth cleaned yesterday and it required sedation.  He was a pathetic, whining mess when I picked him up.  Glassy eyed and lethargic...HH said he would have gotten a DUI if he was allowed to drive.  He didn't even want the treat I brought him...regardless he wanted to be in the sewing room with me and so yesterday afternoon he laid around. 


Last night I attended the EOTC (East of the Cascade Quilt Guild) and it was an amazing meeting.  It deserves a blog on it's own...Monday, I will share this incredible gathering! 

This quilter is smokin'...a girl on fire...faster than a speeding quilter.  But most of all I have been enjoying myself.  I realize this is what quilters who are organized and controlled must feel like...POWERFUL!!!  I finished 4...yes FOUR!!!  UFO's in January!!!  I find this incredible.  

First, the wall hanging for my cousin Kathy's office.


Secondly, thanks to a push from Anne...my Liberty cross stitch!  It has the cutest buttons on it!


Third, the Fabric Stalker Flippin' Bird Challenge!


...and last but not least my Buttermilk Basin monthly mats which the Woolies decided to showcase on Blog-less Sandy's handmade burlap decorated boards.  Yes...all 12 months are DONE!


I had to show you a close up of October's Mat.  When I show the block on the blog before stitching I was asked where the mouth and eye was on the moon.  If you check out Buttermilk Basin's site you will see the original design.  I just couldn't live with the moon looking like that...sorry Stacy.  So I left the eye and mouth off...but, the owl is looking at something...but what?  So I decided to add a hanging spider from a little thread bow.  I love it!


I know February will be a different spool of thread but I am still going to plug along on my quest...don't give up we can do this!  See ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. You are really moving along, think I need to get moving, I seem to be a bit slow these days, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an inspiration you are!!! Love all those finishes...spider is adorable. Poor Enzo : ( Hope he is better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked on your pile of mini quilts to see what you had hanging down from the moon. Then next picture is what I wanted to see. Very nicely adapted. I'm going to modify my moon also but still keep the face.

    Congratulations on stitching so quickly, now to enjoy them each month on that lovely burlap frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know just how Enzo feels~ I don't like going to the dentist either... wish they could put me out. LOL Love all your finishes! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Enzo...such a good boy though. GREAT JOB on the projects....I am still plugging away at the Flowers project that Lori, Carrie and I are working on. Looking forward to Monday's post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have been very dedicated this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're encouraging me to keep organizing and setting up! Last night I went through a few knitty WIPs and will hope to blog about what I did later on. Knowing what's here and getting organized are the keys, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work Anna! I couldn't find the owl project at the website, but it is cute looking at the spider. :) I hope Enzo is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice finishes Anna, especially your cross-stitch! It is so beautiful and nicely framed. Hope Enzo is back to himself today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anna I know I ought to be able to find it but I can't find the monthly mats on Buttermilk's site - I found a couple of monthly things but I couldn't tell if they were the ones you've done. Is it listed as the monthly calendar? blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on the moon face--he looks kind of sinister! Congrats on all those finishes and I hope Enzo is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete