Followers

Friday, January 10, 2014

Crankin'

I am compiling all the suggestions that have been posted on your plans for quilting in 2014.  The variety is intriguing and I am looking forward to figuring out my process.

Poor HH, yesterday he had to have an abscessed tooth pulled, yuck.  Apparently, during his cervical disc pain event he clenched his teeth so hard he cracked one without knowing.  The dentist (who we love) said it would take over an hour...What's a girl and her dog to do??? some quilt shopping and playing at the dog park.  Before the appointment HH was a being a funny guy...starting with lunch out...when I sat down he said...yep, I am married to a quilter!  I looked down at my shirt and I had thread from a morning of quilting stuck to my top.  Then when we got home he coughed and said he was hocking up a thread ball...oh yeah, this is what I have to deal with :) 

My morning was spent continuing to prep my Buttermilk Basin monthly mats.  I feel so good working through this UFO project.  And, I used my wool scrap bag.  I save all the little pieces left over because with wool you mostly need little pieces.  Here is the pile dumped out on the table for me to paw through.  Saving all the little pieces will save you some money on future projects.


I have the last 4 mats prepped ready for stitching.  Which means I get to start thinking about a different project!  I am gonna start crankin' them out...but at the same time I want to take my time to enjoy the process.


I hope you have a nice weekend and on Monday we'll talk about how the list of projects is coming along...I fear I may need a Valium before the list is written!  Wish me luck!

17 comments:

  1. Anna, you and I are traveling the same road. :-) I'm in the process of prepping quite a bit of handwork. Also, attempting to make a list of projects I either want to complete (aka UFOs) or want to make in 2014. I'm not a list maker but I keep thinking it help me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your blocks! I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting close to finishing the entire year of mats and when I do I'll photo them all together!

      Delete
  3. Anna, where is the face for the moon? Are you going to stitch it on? I've got my pattern pieces traced and have to cut out the wool.

    Don't you love using your wool scraps, you never know when you might need a small piece of wool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I save all my scraps that are usable, you can make a small piece go a long way.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dumping out my scraps and putting them to use!! Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet projects...and a great idea to crank 'em!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your humorous hubby is doing ok after the dentist visit - that is never a fun time. Love your pile of wool scraps - aren't they fun to play with?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You husband is HYSTERICAL!!! Found myself laughing out loud as I read your blog - just too, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah...he has that dry British humor which catches me off guard every time.

      Delete
  9. love those projects!
    aren't you blessed with him & Enzo?
    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those little prepped mats. I have the booklet and have not taken time to do anything with the designs yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that HH is feeling OK today. I guess it's soup and shakes for a day or two...I, too, love a man with a sense of humor! Your posts keep inspiring me...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, it is so rewarding to use up those bits and pieces of wool or wool strips in various projects. Your squares are looking loverly.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great HH you have to keep you laughing and understand your quilty life. I love those blocks of yours...too cute! I'd need a couple Valium's too if I started making a list! :0)

    ReplyDelete