Friday, December 27, 2013

My Think Tank Is Full

I don't know about you but the last week of December is my think tank week.  I pray in thankfulness for the year that is leaving with all it's ups and downs...because, I was here to experience them.  And, I look forward to the adventure of a new year.  I never go into the new year with my Christmas decorations up...I know that for  great number of people the Christmas holiday extends into January...not for me.  I MUST have a clean slate when I start the new year and because we leaving for the Portland digs the Christmas decor came down.  I know I am weird because I love the take down as much at the put up, lol.

For those of you new to the Woolie blog we pick a "word" to live by for the year. Be thinking about your word...I know I have been testing out a couple this week and so far haven't wrapped my heart around one.  The new year also brings a slide show of the highlights of 2013.  

Until then here are a few photos to share with you.  

Robin's son who is an individual our country depends on (military man) sent this beautiful flower arrangement and amazing dipped strawberries for our shared Christmas dinner.  The only thing that would have made it perfect is if he and his fiance could have been here also!



My second cousin who I believe is going to be 9?? has a birthday the first week of January and so I decided on Christmas day that I needed to sew some pillow cases for her.  I am especially partial to the Dr. Seuss one. 


Since I will be looking out my picture window on the world in downtown Portland and my sewing room is in Sisters I started prepping hand stitching projects to take with me.  I so love Buttermilk Basin designs.


Have a wonderful weekend!  See you on Monday with a great 
QuiltWorks slide show!

14 comments:

  1. Usually our Christmas is up until the weekend after New Year's Day... I was going to try something different this year and take it all down this weekend... but, DH is enjoying the tree and decorations and wants it to stay another week... Is this an official blogland thingy with the word for the year? Are their guidelines for announcing, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lazy, I leave mine up, it is the only time my house looks nice, lol. I have to start doing some though, we are doing the cabinets and need clear areas to put the pans and things, while we tear it all apart.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time in Portland - cute hand projects. Love the centerpiece - flowers are always a special gift in the winter! Good idea with the pillowcases - a different one for each month! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We leave them up a bit too. I like the peacefulness of the tree and lights after the 'party' is over. ;-) Have fun in Portland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My tree came down on the 26th. The few Santa's that I have scattered about can stay a little longer and of course the snowmen stay up until March or when I have such Spring Fever that I need to put up my Spring things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yup I'm ready to take down the holiday decorations - but will put my snowman up :). I usually wait until New Years day - but not this year - this weekend that's what I will be up to. Enjoy your time in Portland - I did pick my word or I should say my word picked me lol - I just blogged about :). Happy New Year Anna - enjoy your time in Portland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun...love the QS in Portland!! Have a wonderful New Year!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reflection at this time of year is a noble idea and coming up with a guiding word for the New Year is a great idea! I returned to WW this morning and that is one area I plan to keep under control...

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friend got me picking a word for the year...it's a great tradition. I'll be thinking of a word! My decorations will be down by the 1st. Hopefully. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope to spend Monday as a "retreat" day (a perk for working for a church) reflecting on the year past and preparing for the year ahead. My decorations come down on the 1st and it will be easier this year since I didn't get around to putting as much up! ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  11. I usually leave things up for a while , I love how the house looks at Christmas so want to enjoy it . I am looking forward to your slide show , always enjoy your little videos . Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband and I also do a word for the year. 2013's word was COURAGE. 2014 the word is going to be MMODERATION. You are welcome to use it too, if it speaks to your heart.

    ReplyDelete