Wednesday, November 6, 2013

WOOOO...WOOL!!!!


As happens whenever Robin and I are in a car together...we get lost.  This time it wasn't our fault!!!  Total blame will be placed on my phone navigator.  BUT, with this wrong turn we discovered the Pendleton Woolen Mill Store!  The one with remnants!  We made note of it's location and on the way back over the mountain we stopped for a little piece of heaven.  It is less than 15 minutes from the Portland digs...which means I will be stopping there again!

The store is a big warehouse filled with different room set ups.  Piles of wool remnants...and since Robin is a wool dyer this was like Christmas morning for her.  They also had gift items, books, embroidery, wool on the roll and finished blankets.  But the remnants is where we found ourselves hanging out!  Enjoy the slide show and if you are in the Portland area they are opened 7 days a week! 

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital slideshow created with Smilebox

16 comments:

  1. You sure are having fun with stores in the area, lol.
    I miss the fabric warehouses we used to have, always had tables with cheap fabric and great for backings too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss living in Bend! The people and so many shopping opportunities in the area as well as day trips to Portland and Eugene. Please tell the MG's hi for me! I'm a month out of the last surgery and praying it is the last one. 2 major ones this summer plus radiation and pancreatitis has limited my quilting. Am concentrating on the many UFOs until January. We will head south then to sell the AZ home. It is too hard to drive 3 days never knowing if John might need emergency help in the middle of nowhere. Then will make a major decision about this home and what is next. For the first time, we hired someone to come in and put the yard to bed for the winter. I planted but didn't get much else done last summer. Am realizing that I have to take care of myself or I won't be able to take care of John, slow learner there. Took the major medical problems to wake me up. He is fading but at 88, who isn't? Love, MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
  3. which store did you visit? Address please, thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put their link in the blog and it has a map but it is off of Hwy 99E in Portland. have fun!

      Delete
  4. Are the prices good? Looks like a very interesting place to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a blast! I think we have one of these stores in MMI. I might need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You find the neatest places to shop...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went there once...and the remnant bins were empty. No sales...just gorgeous wool at a very hefty price!! Might have to try it one more time...just in case..
    P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I would LOVE to go to that Pendelton store! Would love one of those purses....soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How close would that be to the Portland airport. We will be going down there when to fly to New Orleans in feb. we are from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and Robin have SO much fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great adventure Anna, I know others have asked, what price range do their wools run it?

    Their accessories look interesting. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know what is more interesting; the items in the that store or the music you picked for that slide show. I love that store and the music too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowzers! Look at all that wool! Gimme, gimme, gimme!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know how you feel - I live about 30 minutes from Dorr Mills in New Hampshire...love that place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!! That is one of my favorites! I am just finishing up a Frosty Mug kit I got from them.

      Delete