Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend Update

How was your weekend? Get any sewing done?  Robin and I headed over the mountain to the Portland Food and Gift Festival.  The weekend was a perfect blend of activity.  Every time we headed out the door the rain stopped until we came back home.  I will be sharing the activities and the stitching that was accomplished as we get into the week...but the ride home was another story...Over the Hill and Through the Woods...the snow has arrived!  It was a fine drive over but the drive back caught everyone by surprise.  It was ok because everyone was behaving themselves behind the wheel.



On our way into the city we had to stop at Pioneer Quilts!  The eye candy is just sooo detrimental to my fiber diet.  I did pick up a few pieces of wool that I couldn't live without and 3 fat quarters of Civil War Fabric...sigh...I really can't help it....

Enjoy the slideshow!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free picture slideshow

8 comments:

  1. Nothing like getting stuck in a storm but at least the roads weren't crowded. I hate coming in from the city in a storm, people do not know how to drive. Nice shop and lots of nice wool projects.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Mercy! It is too soon for snow! Glad you made it home safe and sound and found a few goodies along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh way to early for snow in my book. Cleveland, OH. got hit with 6" 2 weeks ago but we, 45 minutes south, missed the bullet entirely.. I am not looking forward to the snow..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe this early snow thing isn't unusual... Last year when I drove to Sisters to take classes from Gwen Marston and Sue Spargo I had the same thing happen! Thanks for sharing the photos of Pioneer Quilts, think I'll have to make it there sometime soon as it looks like they have a good wool selection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snow pic was beautiful! I live in Michigan and I can wait till it hits here as I'm not a winter gal. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason I love when the snow arrives is that it is an automatic slow down for me and I seem to get more stitching done, lol

      Delete
  6. quite a snowstorm! I was complaining Sunday morning that we were getting a few light flakes (in NH)! Guess it could have been much worse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that the ski resorts are excited with the early storm!

      Delete