Friday, November 8, 2013

TGIF or Thank God It's Fiber!!!

Let me begin today's post with a suggestion that you check out the Flicker UFO site by clicking on the link at the top of the blog.  OMG...we set a 2013 goal of implementing and completing some of the projects that exist in our command centers.  No rules...just encouraging each other and posting photos of the completed projects...OMG...there are 177 photos!!! Who said it takes a village to raise a quilter????  



I loved this story and thought I would share it as we move into the weekend.  Thought provoking isn't it.

I hope today will include some quilting...yesterday...well yesterday was one continuous errand, lol.  Why is it that a car knows when you might...have a little extra change...so, it breaks down!  yes, my car broke as in dead as a door nail.  It had to be towed to the mechanics...which means some of my fiber money is going to be invested in my transportation (sigh).

Tomorrow is the PJ sale at the Stitchin' Post!  which means all day long a discount is broken up by hours...30% from 0630-0830...and, if you wear your PJ's you get an extra 5%...which means 35%! As the day progresses the discount decreases. It is an awesome sight to see a town filled with quilters walking around, shopping, eating breakfast in the local restaurants...in their PJ's! LOL


Have a wonderful weekend and see ya back here Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I got to spend some time at the storage unit yesterday, and visited with my Pinwheels. Sniffle. Ah well, if today's inspection goes well (my house, by the buyer's inspector) and the sale is completed, I might be able to get behind the sewing machine this year. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pick me up, that is my kind of sale, lol.
    Just resting today and trying some new pieces from an old pattern I have.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Practicing knitting today after taking a beginner class yesterday...1/2 hr.every day the teacher encouraged us. But...I must make several boutique items for our museum sale by next Tuesday, guess how I'm spending my weekend??? Thanks for sharing the ancient wisdom...

    ReplyDelete