Friday, November 1, 2013

First Day of NOVEMBER!!! Are You Gonna Be A Blockhead???

It is hard to believe that today is November 1st!  The 305th day of the year. All Saints Day and World Vegan Day.  But it's significance is about to overwhelm the world as Wikipedia adds the start of  the Woolie Blockhead's!!!  There are no requirements or rules to be a blockhead.  We just want to have fun.  I will post on the blog my own blocks on the 1st weekday of each month. This is only a fun...encouraging...embrace your quilting desires kind of program.   

Remember the Buttermilk Basin Give Away?  Well, believe it or not...one of the winners has never contacted me.  I even sent an email informing of the win...so, Barbara Wood if you are out there you'll have until Monday morning to send me your mailing address or guess what...someone who signed up for that give away gets another chance!!! lol

Yesterday was the last day to use my Stitchin' Post birthday discount card and since I turned 60 this month it meant a 30% discount!  Farm girl Laurie helped me out since I was just wandering and wandering...and just couldn't make a decision.  She suggested to think about the projects I had pending and what I needed to complete them, ROFLO...my brain couldn't hold that much information.  So, she said, just think of one??!!! Voila!


Here she is all decked out with her chicken!

Besides the backing I needed I also treated myself to a special coffee cup...Tres Bien!

Enjoy the slide show of what's hot at the Stitchin' Post.  Hope you have a nice weekend and we'll see you back here on Monday!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a slideshow

6 comments:

  1. I am trying to keep my commitment with the UFO 2013 group first. I will enjoy the Blockheads. I love the name. Charlie Brown rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the winner contacts you. She would be missing out on a great giveaway. I love their patterns and bought a couple at a local quilt show. Hope to own the rest some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Good.....brings back memories of high school Monday assemblies. Each class was called and we would march to the front in a horseshoe shape. There by principal would read our names as we curtsied and say what we got that week. When the class was finished we marched up on stage and told Mother Superior what we got - and she would give us a card - Yellow for Tres Bien, Green for Bien, and Coral for Assez Bien. She usually had "words" for you if got Assez Bien, and those got assez Bien often REALLY got words! Fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, i sent you a message by email hope you get it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I be a Blockhead after I get moved and settled? No idea when that will be of course, but right now it's about purging and organizing and packing... don't even have a machine set up yet!

    ReplyDelete