Friday, November 22, 2013

Duuuhhhhh!!!


Wednesday evening was the EOTC Guild night at the Stitchin Post. I head over there and what I found was a bunch of knitters...knitting.  Seems there is a regular evening knitting group...but, there were no quilters.  The shop was closed so I got to walk around at my leisure and as I got back to the classroom saw the calendar and it said the meeting wasn't starting till 6:30.  I had told HH that dinner was going to be on the late side...but, by the time I got home it would be really late.  I decided to head home but not after walking around and taking some photos.

I have been stitching away on my Snowy Days quilt by Heart to Hand and it slowed way down because now I have learned some new stitches from Sue Spargo  I love how the snow flake shows up because of the well thought out and beautiful stitching I was able to create, ROFLOL!

I did have a revelation while stitching...so, here is another speech with a DUH at the end.  I am always kicking myself about trying to get seasonal projects done...before the season.  The issue is...I am not always in the mood to stitch a snowman in July.  I like stitching spring projects in spring...4th of July in the summer, Fall in Sept.-Nov. or Witches in October.  Now, I have decided to take the pressure off knowing that the Snowman I am stitching is actually for Winter 2014!!!  I should have had a V8!!!  


Enjoy the slide show of the Stitchin' Post and if you have to have something you can always call them or mail order!  Have a great weekend and see you back here on Monday!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A free picture slideshow by Smilebox

8 comments:

  1. LOVE your snowflake! Can't wait to see Snowy Days quilt...no pressure though, I can wait. LOL (we must have been separated at birth 'cause we think a lot alike!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the name of the snowflake stitch? Is it a stem stitch with a French knot on the end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing, wait too long and then after Christmas, I don't even want to think about it, lol. But, I am going to do at least one thing a week for Christmas and make up a box so I will have lots of goodies for next year. That's the plan, will see if it happens, haha.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. No dear, the Civil War is not this weekend. U of O plays in AZ. (GO DUCKS!!!) The Stitchin' Post never fails to inspire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is next Friday and I hope to find a place to go so I don't have to listen to my husband knocking my Beavers...he is a Duck fan....blech.

      Delete
  5. That snowflake is beautiful and so is that snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who is this amazing Tamra? ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every year I kick myself over and over for not starting sooner with Christmas quilts, woolies, stitchery, etc.

    I wonder if I can chance my ways. LOL

    ReplyDelete